For future riding: How to stop..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOXraceWES

Reaction score
Well, on Sunday I'm going to be going to a track and I just remembered that last time I was riding, every so often I would hit a bump and my hand would slip back and pull the throttle by accident like it was really grippy and it pulled it down and the bike shot off but I didn't but luckily, I managed to stay on.

Is this just a natural cause of everyday riding that I'll need to get used to or can I stop it? It really it annoying and can cause me quite a bit of danger.

Yes, I do wear gloves!

you just get used to it after bout 20 mins of riding then your right,normaly you will be going slow and learning to change gear so it will be alot more niticable but after a days riding or so you shouldnt be going any slower then pinned :p

you cant notice it after you get used to the bike cause youl learn throttle control and how to handle the bike

I had the same problem when i first started off with my bike, now i don't have to worry about it. don't make a too bigger deal of it as it will go away in time...

yeah, and try to bend your elbows a bit, and use them to absorb the sock, and keeps your hands in place. and its and everday sort of thing, youll get used to it as you get more expirienced. and alot of peop;e do it, its sort of second nature to pull the throttle down when your in trouble.Have you ever heard of "panic revs"? even pros get ot, they go over a jump and they know they're stuffed so while they sort of think of ways to get out of it, they sort of rev the living crap out of the bikes.

here is a perfect show of it. this is craig "ando" anderson (an aussie mx legend) coming up short on a pretty big double
YouTube - Bad Motocross Crash

Last edited:
I know in that instance of the above YouTube crash. that is called a panic rev but its not so much of a panic action in all instances. Ando held the throttle pinned to try and get the back wheel down. when in mid air if you hit the rear brake and stop the back wheel it makes the front of the bike move down and if you spin the back wheel you can make the rear come down. he was trying to get the back wheel down to try and use the bikes suspension to absorb the hit instead of the front wheel hitting first and doing a endo.
nice crash though.

Last edited:
Sounds like the bike is in control of you.

Don't worry about it eventually you will be able to chuck it around like it's a bmx.

That's what it still feels like at the moment Sidney. I guess I'll get used to it.

Thanks guys, for the tips and everything. ;)

i ride a bike with VTEC so its really touchy jks

nah with the 1/4 throttle ever bump is like u are reving it to drag race some 1 lol it all comes with experience

Latest posts

Back