Fork Rebuilb with spacers??????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIK50

Reaction score
hey guys i desperatley need to mod the standard forks on my mini..............I got the no adjustable run of the mill upside down chinese stuff with the large cast bolt o the top.........

any way they sloppy as ... and cause i dropped out of jenny craig then bottom all the time....

any way whats the deal with spacers or beefing them up on the cheap. Need to do somethin cause at the moment dont wont to streach the budget to a decent set of forks for a thrash bike?????

any help much appriciated

yup, its all there and very easy to do.

$10 on some 15 or 20wt oil and a few 20c peices (as sum1 else mentioned but you will need to drill a hole in the middle (illegal?)) and your forks will be good.

yeah dont really understand how it will work

thanks for the link to that post
all up i spent 26 bucks includin oil and to spacers from local machine shop.. a great deal of difference...........
any way now to takcle the head........port polish job? who has done one on a lifan??125
what valves can u use

What valves do you want to use? Oversize titanium inlet and stainless exhaust valves with beryllium seats.

thanks for the link to that post
all up i spent 26 bucks includin oil and to spacers from local machine shop.. a great deal of difference...........
any way now to takcle the head........port polish job? who has done one on a lifan??125
what valves can u use

Thought you were on a budget ? , Just port match the inlet mainifold for now IMO.

nah not on a budget just dont want to through a tun of cash at a chinese toy when i could spend it on my big bike just wanted to firm them up some what which i have achived............
As for the valves..got a mate who runs a engine machine shop just wonderin wether there is a easy supply of oversuized valves or they have to come from usa or similar????????

not as easy as u think. You cant just buy oversized valves and put them in. Your going to have to get oversized valves and valve seats. Then get the Ports machined up to accept the bigger seats and get them pressed in.

Then your going to have to go big bore and get a more aggresive cam otherwise your just wasting your time with bigger valves.

Just follow those few porting tips by mack and you should see a pretty good improvement from stock, as soon as you look down the port of your head you will understand why.

understand all that no idea........cousin can do all machine work..... was just wondering are oversized valves a shelf item or do they need to be custom made or ordered from another country?

Latest posts

Back