Forks bottoming out.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7deanos1993

Reaction score
Hi. My forks (shitty stock forks) Bottom out when i go over or drop down a 1ft minimum drop. They make that loud boing noise. Is there anyway to go about fixing them for the time being, as i am obviously considering getting some fastace or dmn. Like, can you tighten them up or will some new fork oil stop it from making the boing noise.

try tighening them up at the top near the number plate if there usd forks if not then see if you can tighten em up down near the front wheel if there conventional. Obviously if they are not adjustable you cant do this and you will have to get some real good fork oil and top em up or you could get stiffer springs hope this helps.

change the chink pi§§ to good suspensionoil(20W)...ca. 120cc each leg and put some washer on the top of the spring

The only cheap thing to do is exactly what themountain said. Change to heavier fork oil as well as putting a washer or 2 on top of the spring which will compress the spring more so it will become stiffer. Usually anymore than 2 washers and it will be too much like a pogo stick so just keep that in mind.

be carefull tightening clamps too much as on some cheap chinas you can actually squash the fork tube a bit and then you've got real problems. Another tip to stop bottoming is to add more oil to the fork in small increments such as 5ml at a time and test ride. This will keep the same compression rate but resist bottoming. Do the other suggestions first though but keep in mind that they will make the fork stiffer. You dont want a rock hard front and a soft back or itll be a pig to ride you want the front and back to go up and down at the same speed

p.s sozza for takin ova ya thread a lil im just in the same situation and lookin for a cheap fix cause i got no money lol

change the chink pi§§ to good suspension oil(20W)...ca. 120cc each leg and put some washer on the top of the spring
Ditto that.

To cross check, measure how much piss comes out of each leg. Increase the amount of oil until the harsh bottoming goes away. What goes in should be quality stuff (ie. real fork oil), and 20w is good for the conventional/basic fork.

If the front ride height (eg. static or under heavy front braking) feels ok, then your springs might not need spacers on top of them. For spacers you could use larger washers or some suitable diam steel tubes.

Latest posts

Back