FORT LYTTON RIDE DAY SAT 19th or SUNDAY 20th

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will try that mate... now the problem is.. i crack the bleed nipple and press down on the rear brake... refillin it and not letting any air go back in the nipple but its only putting the smallest amount of pressure on the brake disc..

Hey bud, the backs can be an absolute mission to bleed.

Firstly remove the hose(from the master cylinder and caliper) and filler cap off the master cylinder, fill both sections full with fluid, hold your finger tight over the threaded hole that the hose hooks up to, while pressing very tight push the brake lever up and down until the fluid pushes past the seal your finger is creating and you are unable to hold the pressure then fill both sections again(if there is no pressure, master cylinder is bad), now attach the hose and banjo bolt to the master cylinder and tighten but leave the filler cap off so you can fill the cylinder with fluid when it gets low, now holding the hose seal, the other end(caliper end) with your thumb and finger creating a tight seal, holding the hose below the master cylinder start pumping the brake lever and when depressing release the seal on the end of the hose with your finger slightly letting some air out but seal again before lever reaches bottom, and keep doing this until the pressure reaches a point you cannot hold it from pushing past your fingers, when this happens keep it sealed and hold the hose above the master cylinder, make sure the caliper is filled with fluid also(make sure the caliper is full of fluid where the hose attaches) still holding the hose above the master cylinder insert the banjo bolt and washers and then quickly attach the hose to the caliper, so it should all be back together.

Holding your thumb over the filler on the master cylinder start pumping your brakes up, after about ten presses on the lever loosen the nipple on the caliper and fluid should start running out of it if you did it right, do not pump the lever and let it gravity bleed, keep an eye on the filler as the fluid runs out filling it up(do not depress the lever at all while the nipple is loose), its a lot to take in but doing it in sections like this you know you have fluid in every part of the system, if it did not work try again.

Havent u got 2bikes anyways bro me an joshy should be able to help ya

sure do.. but its the same bike as that bloke who's suspension stuffed out, duck tail snapped off and basically fell apart through out the day. lol... i wouldnt trust that under my 98 kilo.. plus already started doin what rotn has explained...

Ok bro come out either way u dont have to push it too hard man good way to learn to use ur gears to slow down

Did tim end up getting out there?

conner and stu both had gopro's out there so there should be some justin

tim was a no show mick it was just conner stu and me out there on mini's

ended up taking me 2 attempts.. and then finding out the master cylinder was shot.. so by the time i got a new one and ran the process again i was well and truly ready for bed...

cheers for your help rotn...

ended up taking me 2 attempts.. and then finding out the master cylinder was shot.. so by the time i got a new one and ran the process again i was well and truly ready for bed...

cheers for your help rotn...
Damn dude, but they bled okay in the end?

Sweet mate, good stuff.

Latest posts

Back