FOTM V2.0 New Beginning

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thump*140

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Ok, some of you have noticed the "unofficial" FOTM entry list and poll that popped up over the weekend. Bulldog took it upon himself to start the new one. Not sure what his hurry was, but props to him for making the effort. The kid does put in the time for MR... But anyways...
I've deleted Bulldogs underground FOTM, and started a new ENTRY list. (bulldog closed entries sometime late in the afternoon of the 1st of the month....Tad premature possibly...)
as we all know, FOTM is something that is done by mods, and as Hillz pointed out, being as 50's brotherhood puts up the prizepack, it should be seen as an "officially run and sanctioned" MR poll... Not something chucked together by a junior member, hastily closed, and within a day had some VERY dodgy voting...

My opinion is that we try and instill some sort of "quality control" or "minimum standard" of bike that is entered... every month there are quite a few standout bikes, plus a couple of stockers to make up the numbers, who's only votes come from the owner, and any friends they have on MR. Unless of course you are MitchAustralia, and your standard shitpro 140 gets the majority of the votes in the space of Hillz lunchbreak... something shifty went on there, and none of the mods could actually see the voting results...
Hillz made a good point that in the beginning with FOTM, MR did not discriminate against any sort of bike entering, and it didnt matter if it was a $15k CRF Limited, or a $500 egay shitbox....
I'm not suggesting there should be a minimum $$$$ limit before you are allowed to enter, but i dont think bikes that are clearly stock standard, should be put in the same ring as a bike that has had a lot of time, money, effort and thought put into it... it's kinda insulting to the owners of those bikes, and in cases like Mitchaustralias, voting can be rigged so that a stock standard pitpro 140 can walk away the clear winner over something like No_CRF_here's bike...

so what does everyone reckon? Minimum standards, or first-in-best-dressed-run-what-ya-brung-any-shit-box will do? I'm not fussed either way, just thought it might take a few of the "Pointless" entries out of FOTM...

I turn the forum over to you, gentlemens...

well you already know I think there should be standards. stock ebay bikes and rat bikes that look like they were pulled out of a dumpster, photographed and thrown back in shouldn't be allowed in.
and there should be photo quality standards, some of the past entries I've seen you can hardly even see the bloody bike, so you get people entering the comp who obviously don't give 2 shits about there bike, they grab a quick pic on there phone in a dark shed and throw it up there.

I know this is old... but maybe its worth reading again and reconsidering!

I know this is old... but maybe its worth reading again and reconsidering!

What you mean Rach?

I have been thinking about this a bit lately. There is some exciting news coming about prizes.

I'm more getting to the point of completely stock bikes in fotm. Plus I think there needs to be spec lists again with photos in fotm.

i don't believe in specs list, should be called wanker list :)

Plus some are stupid long

i don't believe in specs list, should be called wanker list :)

Plus some are stupid long

Yeah well apperently the dhz in fotm at the moment which looks completely stock has heaps of engine work. But it looks stock, so if there was a spec list maybe I would of voted for it as I didnt because it looked just like a stock bike.

you have gained a attitude missy! lol

ok i see your point, maybe every entry must include a short 10 line description of the said machine

I'll give you attitude!!

But really, I'm jut trying to make a point, plus if there is going to be prizes there should be some requirements! :)

Are we talking about DHZ_XR8cing?

if so, only work i know of is oko and V2?

But i think Rach is right...needs to be a spec list with each entry (no Hillz...dirt and freshy's are not a spec you can list)
there needs to be a minimum requirement to be eligable to enter..

I agree Rach. Stock bikes should not be allowed to enter IMO. And new handle bars and racing throttle don't count as mods in my book.

I will come up with some new stipulations. eg (must have 5 genuine mods).

Latest posts

Back