Frame help and Bolt shop help !!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oznewbie

Reaction score
Where my swingarm blot goes threw the frame is slightly worn.

I'm thinking to jam a few washers in the "hole" / "cutout" for the nut ... Just to temporarily hold the bolt centered, for one ride until I strip and repair properly

Any ideas for fixes ?

Any idea where (local enough to drive from Brisbane) that I could get a long bolt !? 10mm x 220 or slightly longer ?

I would weld a nut onto the frame (where the hole is slightly worn) and just screw the bolt threw the frame/swingarm into that ,.., it's obviously came loose before I bought it and its eaten into the frame slightly ! That should hold it still and locktight it also !! I think the bearings are fine, but il Renew when I strip anyway

I assume there should be no play there at all ?!

Thanks guys !! Any advice welcomed greatly :)

Sounds like you know what your doing mate, get something in there so you can have one ride atleast, pull it in tight and you should have very little if any play, the bolt your after is the 225mm bolt, smallwheeldeals are around there somewhere, check them out mate.

Yea man, there's not alot play in it, just wondering of any special tricks

The bolt has a little wear, the frame has a little wear - which adds up to just a little more than I'd like !

Il measure up and hit them up for a bolt.

if I could get a longer one I would maybe weld a spacer into the cutout (with a nice new tight hole :S ) and then if I need to keep tightening, at least if I strip the threads , the nut wouldn't be welded to the frame lol

Thanks for the reply mate , 225mm the total length yeah?

225mm is measured from the end of the thread to the flat of the nut that pulls in on the swinger, not from end to end, so check yours and if measured that way and is still 220mm then 225mm will give you that bit more, or would you be needing more length than that?

Latest posts

Back