Front brake adjustment

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mso140s

Reaction score
I have a issue. My front brake pads are rubbng on the front disk. I need help on how to fix the issue so i can get out for a ride. I just cant figure out how to do it. HELP please!!!

if the pads are just skimming the rotor its all good but if the wheel wont spin and brake is locked on then a piston in the caliper is siezed and will have to be stripped down and a service / rebuild or just get a new one

you may get lucky and have somthing jamed in between pads and rotor check that b4 strip down

Ok. Thanks guys. It Never used to rub,but than when i got my carlsbad rear on,the type bloke decided to adjust it,and now it hits. If i spin the front wheel,it spins free for abit of the way around,and than stops, what can i do about that???

sounds like the rotor is slightly bent. my rear has been like that for a while.

i had the exact same problem all i did was re bleed the brakes its easy works perfect.

Dont mean to sound like a dumbass,but if i bleed my brakes,that will stop it catching?? And if so,how do i bleed them??????

It's unlikely bleeding the brakes will help... If you have a bend in the rotor, you could try straightening it. Personally I'd chuck it in the bin and buy a new one, they aren't dear ;)

Worth bleeding the brakes if you haven't yet in any case...

Latest posts

Back