front brake crap!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deon.jacob

Reaction score
Hi people's - just brought a atomik pro-x and loving it, goes pretty hard, but the front brake is very average at best, i have to use my whole hand even slow bike down, what can i do to improve front brake and is the normal for the atomick pro-x 125cc ??????:confused:

Try bleeding them if you havent already.

Are the front brakes supposed to preform better than what i am experiencing, we have only used the bike a handful of times and they have been pretty poor right from the start- does anyone else have this problem or do the front brakes on the atomik pro-x work fine usually????

the brakes are crapy single piston that need replacing with twin piston or even 4 piston for the ultimate

mabe you have got some oil or wd40 or anything that leaves a residue even touching the rotors with greasy fingers can totaly root a pair of pads

it could even have air bubbles in the lines take off the fluid tank cover thing and pump the brakes and tap the caliper if bubbles come up get a pin and pop them

try bleeding them mate and youll prob find that fixes the problem if you dont know how to bleed them than im sure someone has writin up a thread on how to do this otherwise ill tell ya.

Honestly, I had the same problem. Even after bleeding and filling with good quality Motul brake fluid, they were crap.

My problem was fixed by replacing the stock brake lever with a CNC alloy foldback one that I purchased on ebay from thailand.

Try a couple of different levers on the stock master cylinder and see how you go. I know this fixed my problem.

You need to try and remove the factory coating from the disk itself,
I used metho and some wet & dry I can stoppie with 1 finger now

Honestly, I had the same problem. Even after bleeding and filling with good quality Motul brake fluid, they were crap.

My problem was fixed by replacing the stock brake lever with a CNC alloy foldback one that I purchased on ebay from thailand.

Try a couple of different levers on the stock master cylinder and see how you go. I know this fixed my problem.

thats a leverage issue, bad ergos in design. Cheap brake fluid lines will expand reducing the pressure and reducing the force to the pads/pistons

Latest posts

Back