Front brake not springing back

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twisties

Reaction score
hey guys,

i noticed the other week that my front brake level no longer springs back into place.

i pull in the lever and it works fine (pads grip disc), but when i let go it stops braking (pads release disc) but the lever doesnt spring back into position like a normal lever would. it just sits there limp..
i hope this makes sense?

anyway i checked to make sure there was enough brake fluid and it appeared to be full.
i havent bled the brakes cause i've never done it before, so i thought i'd ask on here before i go and do that incase i manage to screw something up.

oh yeah, its a 2 piston setup i believe

any help would be much appreciated!

thanks, tristan.

maybe you have a bent rotor, and its pushing the caliper pistons back in, happened to me once and it gave my lever the same type of symptoms, was just a thought.

Maybe you should try bleeding them, have a look in the tutorial section there are videos and step by step instructions that will help ya get it done in no time

thanks for the quick reply!

hmmm the rotor is still straight, ill have a go at bleeding them, hopefuly that sorts them out

Latest posts

Back