Front break bolt case snapped.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennaz

Reaction score
img.php

another view

img.php

It makes it a bit hard because i dont actually know what the part is called but hopefully someone can help me out. My front break fell off today whilst i was riding. (hella pissed off!) I dont actually know the part name so ill describe the best i can. I have provided a pic with a couple of arrows to try and help out.

What happend was the 1st bolt casing actually snapped off clear through the bolt. (shitty china steel) So with that happening my front break become dislodged and was left hanging in the air.

The part that i have circled in the part that i will need to replace. At the back of it it has two bolt holes and the top one is now snapped.

Just wondering (if anyone can understand this) if anyone can help me out by telling me what the actual part is and how much it might cost?

It hasnt effect my riding thank god because its the front break. But i would still like to get it fixed.

Last edited:
If its a china bike you will probably need to get a new set of forks as I doubt that you will be able to find a replacement part.

If its a china bike you will probably need to get a new set of forks as I doubt that you will be able to find a replacement part.

oh really. How much do you think a new set of forks would cost? Do you know what the part is called at all?

the part that the bolts go through are actually part of the fork, so as cass said you will need to get a new leg or a complete new set of forks.
Can range in price from $60-$1200, depends how big your wallet is.

the part that the bolts go through are actually part of the fork, so as cass said you will need to get a new leg or a complete new set of forks.
Can range in price from $60-$1200, depends how big your wallet is.

ok thanks man. so you can buy just a single leg?

That was what I was meaning, If you had a Jap bike (ie honda) or good set of forks, you would be able to just get the broken part. But if your bike is a el cheapo chineese bike then it will be next to impossible to get a replacement lower section and you will need to get a complete set of forks.

Look on this as a good opportunity to upgrade your bike with some adjustable forks.

DHZ sell no names buy it now for $275-, AS03 fastace for $349 and AS02 fastace for $449- all these are buy it now price but you can see them for less in auctions. Check out Ebay and you should find something to suit

Latest posts

Back