front disk brake problems :(

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethan125cc

Reaction score
hey guys,
my bike got delivered yesterday :D i put everything on except the front brake ( as the title suggests ) i need to get it over the disk but the brake pads won't come apart.
any help would be great.
thanks

P7070054.jpg

the brake
P7070055.jpg

the brake and the disc

i usually just pry them apart with a fat screw driver, but you got to be carefull not to damage the pads, if you don't like that idea then you can crack the bleader open a tiny bit then they will push apart easier, just try to be carefull not to let air in the system.

Is there no spacer in the way? I know there was a spacer in my front brake when I first got it.

who squezed your brake lever? give them a smack in the face and then just lever them apart.

who squezed your brake lever? give them a smack in the face and then just lever them apart.

In future, use a g-clamp to push the pistons back, it is the safest way to do it without the risk of damage to the pads or yourself.

that means i'd have to slap myself :)
thanks guys, i got them working and i just got my first burn!

I knew it would be you, lots of guys open that box up, and just cant help giving the lever a squeeze as they fit the bars. How did you burn yourself?

Latest posts

Back