Front End Questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave.B

Reaction score
one is changing my fork/handle bar plate, i want stronger bar clamps to the pic thats posted, would that mean changing the whole plate or just the clamps?, its just too sketchy with only 2 bolts saving me from a cart wheel, 2 is my left shock has busted a seal, pissing out oil etc, replacing the seal is it easy?, eg just buying a new seal and wacking it in, another is replacing the fork oil, how do i do that? just pour through the top?, and finally is the springs in these forks, i want stiffer ones, where to buy? how to fit? im so clueless this is the first time taking forks apart etc. thank you in advance.

some pics are added

Last edited:
well i hope none of you's run into the same problem then we'll all be EDIT: STUFFED ey? no one seems to know.

EDIT: Swearing is Not the Way to get your self Help on this SITE

Last edited by a moderator:
1: you will have to change the plate
2:you will have to pull your forks down im pretty sure
3: duno
4: you could buy a new, better front end

them forks are trash see if ya can get a set of stock crf forks,then ya set.was some on ebay at 100$ wiith hd springs and all
They are of a pitpro110 ey?

if you want stronger clamps yes your gunna need the whole new plate the gold one you have now, unless you get a set of old skool clamps some bolts and drill 4 holes in the gold one you already have.

personally i wouldnt really change it unless you felt they sucked ass case i dont rkn they will snap

and ive never done a fork seal myself so couldnt help you with that one sorry but yeh id say go out and buy a fork seal that fits, mayby take your fork with you and ask the bloke in at the shop for some help but if i was doing it id just start with the nut onto and undo that and see where that got me =D

good luck champ

answers i need :), they do suck ass ive snaped one side already once from the local bmx jumps so im not too confident how long they will hold, wouldnt have a clue i got this bike from a wholesaler/from his house tho and for the price i couldnt give a rats ass, had the bike for about 6 months and no major problems, goes hard and cheap enuff to tinker/learn on without too much to worry about.

just the once, probably the main reason i want newer stronger ones =P

that video link is well worth checking out, shows respoking and tighting a rim also, that is another thing im doing to my other bike that saves asking here. excellent

bah swearing is apart of ozzy slang, im sure these kids see worse in there own classrooms

no new rim, current one got smashed and have a spare with a rooted hub so mixed and matched to get another.

1. i dont think you will eva get a seal for those forks
2. its a bitch of a job and if you stuff it up i.e chip the hard chrome then there stuffed for good.
3. it will be way cheaper and much less of a hassle to save up some coin and buy a whole new setup you can do it pretty cheap now days
but if thats to dear buy a new bike dude

sorry to be the bearer of bad news

who you callin a kid?
but yeah, i agree with you about classrooms, still gota watch it. alot of parents dont realise this and crack up when the see what their kids are reading on here

yeh go all out with rims and stuff its worth it =) ill tell ya that ne day =D

yeh but i would say its worth having a go, i would neway

not this thread specifically, website in general, that aint entirely bad news, i got what i paid for but noway am i complaining, busted forks and all its still good for a thrashing, dont really wanna spend too much money on it coz i actually am getting a new bike before too long but this baby has been spanked and still comes for more love it, and would still be good to keep it in relatively good condition for my mates, brothers even girlfriend whoever wants to have some fun.

ok just watched the bbr how to on the forks. If you don't want to completely disassemble the fork tube like they did you can cheat. with the fork tube like they had it (no tripples or anything) use a flat blade screw driver to pop the dust seal up and remove it. Then with a small drill bit CAREFULLY drill a hole in the middle bit of the seal ( you will normally find they are a metal backed seal ). Once you have the hole drilled get a self tapping screw and screw it in. (you want it to be a tight fit before it screws in real far otherwise you can damage the tube by screwing it in to far. Then once screw is in place get some pliers or multigrips and grip the screw and pull it upwards (may have to get a hammer and tap the pliers up) and viola the seal comes out.

To put it back in you can use there way or once again the backyard cheaters way. Slide the new seal in (make sure you lube the inside lip of the seal) then slide the old one over top of it and use a punch to tap on the old seal which will push the new one into place. Replace dust cap and bobs your uncle.

yeh yeh cheers mate, did all this last night, it wasnt even the seal, was the o ring up the top that went to shit, but saying that does anyone have a clue apprx how much oil goes in each shock?

Latest posts

Back