Front Lights On A YZ 250f

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingers

Reaction score
Hey guys as some of you know i have know got a 250 :D

ok well the guy that i bought it off has got some wiring on the bike for lights and such, but i dont know what wattage lights i can use with it, dont want to stick 50 watters in the and draw to much current and blow the circuits.

ok well what he has got on there now is just a park light and thats all but there are 2 connectors up the fron that are for a front light plate thingy that he has also given me. both are controlled by the one switch. there is a thing that looks like a capacitor (a cylinder type of thing) not sure what it is just saying it reminds me of a cap. its about 8 cm long and the diameter is about 5 cm. Now theres 3 sets of wires coming out of it one set of wires goes to park light on the back (3 wires, whats the third wire for too? brake light?) another goes to the front light, and the last goes to the wiring loom of the bike, the switch also goes to the same spot and interups the supply to turn on and off.

now the lights that hes go on there now are 2 small leds in like a rubber type of case similar to the shape of a downlight to fit into the front light plate. wouldnt draw much current at all, also doesnt light crap up at all.

because i have got the plate it would be nice to be able to stick two 50 watt lights in it so that if i ever wanted to ride at night i can just swap the front plates over and go. so can i do that with the set up thats there or am i going to need a battery? would the wires supplying the lights be able to charge the battery?

sorry if i dont make much sense, lol, i might be able to get out there 2moro and get some pics of things as i know it'd help aot more but if anyone could help me out that'd be great

18052009071.jpg

18052009072.jpg

18052009073.jpg

finally got some pics of the thing im talkin about, the one with the connectors on it goes straigt to therear park light, the thicker of the other two goes to the wiring loom and the other goes to the front lights

Latest posts

Back