Front & Rear Suspension

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstevo

Reaction score
Can ya upgrade the suspension on a Nitrous 150cc to something decent?

why is that thump? personally i think the nitrous 150s arent a bad place to start and build them up over time.

of course you can!!...first you have to change the fishoil in your forks!! second ....well with the rearshock there is not much to do...check if the shock is realy pressured with Nitro(at least 120psi)....you can play with the preload on the spring or different spring....better you ride the pi## out of it and when its done get a decend one (Fox, DNM, etc.)

Last edited:
why is that thump? personally i think the nitrous 150s arent a bad place to start and build them up over time.

That is because kstevo wants to spend about $1200 on a good quality bike. For that price there are better bikes out there with better parts that would still be a better bike out of the box than the nitrous after u spent a total of $1200 including mods for it.

Thanks all, I reckon I'm gonna get somethin a bit bigger as a base bike the nitrous would could me about 600 or so to get it up to scratch of a PitPro XR and even more to get it to MSO standard.

Atomiks are cheap chinas IMO now.

atomiks are the same as pitpros,dhz's etc etc

its only a different sticker kit and name

they are probly all made in the same factory

They are all made in the same factory over in china.
Same thing with clothing, Nike, Adidas etc are all made in the same place, they just iron on different logos....
If you get an MSO they already have DNM suspension...The 140s has a dnm shock and adj. strong forks for just over $1k...The pro has a better dnm shock and dnm forks for a few hundred more and it goes up from there....All the way upto the elite with dnm suspension that will comfortably jump 40ft.
Cheers.

So are the main things that make up the overall bike quality are basically just the

engine
frame
suspension (front & rear)

and to a lessor extent the cnc alloy parts like brake lever, foot pegs, etc

??

atomiks are the same as pitpros,dhz's etc etc

its only a different sticker kit and name

they are probly all made in the same factory

Dont be so nieve mate, there are thousands of factories in China that make bikes and parts. Two different factories can produce what looks to be the same bike but look closer, they are not the same. Different factories have different quality control requirements and some factories are much more advanced than others in terms of equipment, machienery and quality.

So are the main things that make up the overall bike quality are basically just the

engine
frame
suspension (front & rear)

and to a lessor extent the cnc alloy parts like brake lever, foot pegs, etc

??

Basically, but its also the cheaper parts that can end up costing u money aswell, such as wheels and tyres. Alot of these bikes come out with china tyres and tubes which wear out in a few rides if ur lucky and will give u plenty of punctures and torn valves along the way. If u will be jumping then the rims, hubs and spokes also need to be strong otherwise u will have buckled wheels and loose spokes very quckly. I am fussy when it comes to the overall quality of a bike as it is alot more than just 3 points to me but that is a good start

So it's ( - = part , * = quality brand)

- Engine
* Lifan
- Frame
* Twin Spar
* Chromolly tubular trellis frame with cradle
- Suspension (Front & Rear)
* Fastace
* DNM
* Marzocchi
- Handle Bars
* Pro Taper
- Wheels (Rims, Hubs and Spokes)
* INNOVA
- Tyres (Tubes and Knobbyness)
* Kenda Millville
- Chain
* DID
- Little Parts (Levers, Pegs)
* CNC Alloy
- Swingarm
* Alloy

Add anythin thats quality to the list, feel free to correct me

Mate, if you just buy a bike like an MSO pro, everything is there.
Strong frame
Lifan engine
DNM forks
DNM shock
Millville tyres
Good wheels
Good looks
Best customer service around
Cheap price!!!!!
Say you're from miniders and you get a really good deal!

My additions are---IN CAPS

- Engine
* Lifan--- OR YX
- Frame
* Twin Spar---I WOULDNT GET A CHINGA TWIN SPAR
* Chromolly tubular trellis frame with cradle
- Suspension (Front & Rear)
* Fastace
* DNM
* Marzocchi
- Handle Bars
* Pro Taper