Front Rim Buckled

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanojonesy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Need some opinions (expert or not) on what front rim to get as I just buckled mine today going over my new ramp!!
I have the DHZ150, weigh about 95kg and do like to go over decent size jumps.
Looking on the web today I found a few 14" fronts like - SM Pro rims for $110 (not sure if they are allow or steel-from eastcoast50s), BBR aluminium rim from USA $100US (includes delivery-just rim needs spokes hub etc), or can get a steel rim from USA for $25US plus delivery?
So anyone with another suggestion or opinion on Alloy/Steel front rims?

Thanks Jonesy

They have billet wheels on Maylands pretty cheap and they will be very strong and they're in AUS too.
Cheers.

Thanks Pascal & Thump just worried about these still being alloy rim and buckling again - the CNC hub would be very strong

i think he would no if he was riding with a flat tire SIDNEY!

Yep sure it was the first time I have been over my new ramp so checked everything before I hit it. The spokes were tight as well. The guy at DHZ told me they weren't the best rim when I bought it so I new they wouldnt last'.

hard WTF if your front tire is slightly flat is steer and washes out like hell u ride a 50 may feel different on them

depending on how hard u hit and how bent it is u can fix it, if its just not straight u can if its accually bent u can't. if its just out of shape put the axle through it and spin it and with a marker spin the rim with the marker very close to the rim but not touching and hold it steady and it will mark where it is risen from the u tighen the opposite side spokes to where it is marked

When you are riding along paying attention to what you are about to ride over or whatever, you will never think to yourself "oh shit i think i feel my tyre going down"

you'd only notice when you go around a corner

yep exactly sid, i did that i was to busy concentrating on the shit ahead i rode like 2 k's with a low tyre till i got home and it was flat and i obviously hit sumthing big coz she was farrrrked lol

geez i wouldnt be doing jumps on a little bike like that if i weighed 95kgs!

those billet wheels are soft as, the hubs are strong but the rim bends easier than the stock wheels, my mate bought one thinking it would be good, went for a ride only to discover his wheel had a couple nice flat spots,
real shame as they look trick and as i said the hub is tough, its the rim that lets them down

Thanks tubes, got another standard rim today will see how long this one lasts - was thinking of getting those trick billet rims too but will think twice now.
As to jumping and weighing 95kgs - my moto "if your not breaking something your not trying hard enough"

Latest posts

Back