fuel flowing out of carby overflow

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop88

Reaction score
hey my carby is pissing fuel out the overflow and stops when i turn the fuel tap off

i took my whole carby off today and it was clean as a whistle and the float and everything looked fine

put it back on and still same problem...

also what happens if you just block off the overflow so nothing can leak out..?

Last edited:
Hey Coop,

Blocking the overflow wont be very good for anything, but where the overflow pipe is there should be a little screw tighten that up and fuel shouldn't leak out of your carby anymore

I had similar issue on one of the kids bikes, the screw is too short

That screw could be the problem but if the float needle is not closing off properly (a bit of dirt, rubber etc) this can curse this to happen. Also check the fuelbowl gasket a guy brought his bike to me a few days ago and had the same problem and the fuelbowl gasket was touching the float so it wasnt going to the wright level and closing the needle and fuel was going through the overflow tube.

Yeah either your float needle is blocked slightly and not shutting off or the bleed screw is not closing off one of the two , it used to happen ona regular on my ProX

Surely there might be a valve leaking, due to which it starts to leak as and when you start the fuel flow, or there might be something that might be obstructing the valve from shutting properly, and causes the fuel leak.

Latest posts

Back