fuel leak

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leepyears

Reaction score
hey guys i got a fuel leak comming out of the tube at the bottom of the carby on my bike it will stop leaking when the fuel tap is turned off and the fuel empties out of the carby but when the fuel tap is on it just flows out. I noticed there was a screw above the tube and when i loosened it the fuel came out faster but when i tightened it up the fuel kept on coming out but a little slower. What should i do to stop the leak??

id say that maybe you have some dirt in there and you may have to clean your carby out ,,

could be dirt in the needle and seat ,

and if that dont fix it you might have to adjust your float level ,
hope this helps ,

when u remove the bowl , u will find that the float has a little tag that goes onto the end of the needle , just simply bend it up so your float will lower it self in the bowl ,
it will be trial and error until you set it up right ,

but first check that the needle and seat is in good nik with no grooves on the needle ,
and at the same time you can check to see if there is any grit in the bottom of the bowl , if there is any dirt inside ??
there is a good chance that there is a bit of grit stuck in the needle ,,
good luck ,

Latest posts

Back