Fuel Tap Leaking

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YamahaRacing125

Reaction score
can anybody give me a quick fix to a leaking fuel tap??, disconnected the line from the tank to the carby to drain the petrol, is there anymore i can do.. i dont want to stuff up my motor, only got it last week.

is it the non reserve type? theey tend to leak.

A leaking fuel tap is dangerous ...Drain all the fuel out of the tank immediately.
There are 2 screws holding the tap on the fuel tank.
Check them and if they are loose carefully tighten them until the leak stops.
We have seen a few pitties with one or both of the screws left loose from the factory.
If you are not sure drop the bike into us and we will do it for you free of charge !!

Cheers Brian

Ahk, yeah i cant seem to get a grip on the tap with what i want to tighten it with, i will drop it down tomorrow somtime.. ill give u a buzz before i do tho of course.

mainland performance you say it like the worlds gunna blow up jezz stop scaring the kid

your corret the "world" wont blow up............... but his house / bike / car may burn down so your "world" may be fine but his "world" could be pretty farked up, better safe than sorry and good advice from maylands.

dont ride ure bike with a leaking fuel tank. it can cause a fire.

it might be the seal where the tap joins the tank.

m0p

yeh rito give it a break its not like the kids gunna light it on fire and watch his house burn down bit of common sence here boys

We had a look at Yamaharacing125's Pitty this morning and found the fuel tank was faulty,the critical flat sealing area the Fuel tap and O'ring screws up against was concave .It has to be flat to seal of course so we fitted a new replacement fuel tank on the bike ,Problem solved !!

Ps.A leaking,dripping fuel tap IS a recipe for disaster and can easily cause a fire especially on a hot 4 stroke Pitty !!!

Cheers Brian

Try and get that level of service from a Ebay bike on a SUNDAY!!!!!

Maylands done a wonderful job!, another question lol my bike doesnt seem to wanna rev, im pretty sure its because of something to do with the air filter, should i try cleaning it and give it another go?

Hey yamaharacing125.
Your Air filter was not dirty when I looked at your bike for you on Sunday.Your LE revved fine when we started it,if you are saying the bike seems to have a flat spot upon acceleration when riding you probably need to richen up the carby needle position as I told you.
Do you remember I demonstrated how to change the needle position on the spare carby I had on the work bench !!.
To make the bike richer you need to lift the needle by moving the circlip to a lower groove position.
The easiest way to quickly tell if a bike is running lean is to crack open the choke slightly and if the motor runs smoother and loses the flat spot it needs richening up on the needle ! Once you get it right she will rip !
Dont stress you will get the hang of it,this is all part of the joy of owning a Chinese Pitty !!!

Cheers Brian

haha lol yes maintainance maintainance maintainance!!, but when i swap the air filter from my brothers bike onto mine it revs prefectly.. yeah i should be able to figure it out soon enough.

my fuel tap is also leaking lol but it leaks onto the foam airfilter which i dont think would be good for the carb and engine? how would i clean the petrol of the foam filter?

clean it with some petrol to get all the crap off it and then hit it with the hose ;) thats wat i do =) keeps it looking nice =)

you should never use petrol to clean the air filter, kerosene would be more appropriate as it is not as flammable and works really really well.

Latest posts

Back