g/box seal leak?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

140ccKING

Reaction score
Just came back from a ride on my 140cc Pit Pro and saw some engine oil leaking out from behind the sproket. Any help on what i should do wood be greatly appreciated.

tricky... remove sprocket. make sure its the seal thats leaking. try to find any part numbers written on it. then try sourcing said part through a shop of some sort, be it a bike shop or bearing shop. no numbers? get the sizes then...internal, external diameters. and then....replacing its easy. pulling it out intact is not.

Hey mate this may sound silly but check that the oil is not coming from the shock. My pitpro was leaking and I thought it was the motor near the sprocket, but it turned out to be the shock shit itself and the oil was dripping on that spot when the shock compressed. Its worth a check.

the engine breather is in that area too, are you sure you've got the right amount of oil in the engine?

lmfao...we had a forklift at work that sprung an oil leak...mechanic came in, decided it was the back tilt ram... week later, new ram seals etc.
starts it up, oil everywhere...

now how did that ENGINE OIL FILTER get a hole the size of a 5c coin in it?
never assume, ALWAYS check before dismantling....

same mechanic that spent half an hour finding the resevoir for the brakes...um, a forklifts brakes are linked to the hydraulic system and dont HAVE a resevoir:p its a safety thingamajiggy

Latest posts

Back