G'day from Kapo - new to the forum

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kapo

Reaction score
G'day everyone. I'm Kapo - I've been lurking here for a few days and think it's safe to introduce myself now :)

While not a mini rider myself (yet!) , I'm introducing my kids to riding - I currently ride a Yamaha Vstar custom cruiser and haven't been on the dirt for several years.

I recently purchased a couple of A&S bikes of ebay (Yep - I know you are all cringing) - A 125cc and a 50cc.

Only set up the 125 so far (lubricating/tightening nuts/carb tuning etc) and it's running really sweet. Build quality of this bike (April 2010 model) is actually better than i expected after reading some threads here (except the foot pegs which are REALLY crap and will probably snap if/when I do a 'this is how you jump kids' demonstration).

On that note - the reversed gears on this bike are stuffing me a bit too (I'm used to neutral, 1 down, 2,3,4,5 up - this bike is neutral, 4 down). I constantly go back into neutral instead of 2nd gear which makes me look and sound like a tosser and amuses my wife quite a bit (but she rides a 250cc virago road bike - so who's laughing now).

My 11y/o son only weighs in at 30kg, so I think this 125 bike will be a great introduction to riding (no clutch, perfect height, ...and only cost $380 new).

The 50cc is for my 8 yo son - can't comment yet as I have not even taken it out of the box.

Anyway - no doubt will be looking for tech advice over the coming months

TTYL!
Kapo

Ps: Thanks thump*140 for your newbie bike setup thread . I did not follow it exactly, but it was a great starting point of what to look out for on these bikes.

Latest posts

Back