Gear changes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atomikkuda

Reaction score
Do any of you guy's change gears without using the clutch? just curious to know if it's ok or will it cause damage?

As long as you know what your doing its fine as far as I know, just close the throtle and shift

i do on me two stroke only goin up gears tho and always close off the throttle

you can do it to go up in the right spot, but down, you need the clutch or its rly rly bad, clutch is there for a reason...

Great thanks guy's, i have been changing up closing off the throttle but clutching when coming down the gears so it's good to hear that other do as well. I might not do it all the time though as i'm really not to sure about the china box........

by the way great forum you have here.

The gearbox on the KudaPro (am assuming that's your bike) is a little more robust than the horizontal motors, and is a far slicker shifting item than your average lifan 125...
You can upshift without the clutch, and as has been stated, you need to shut throttle briefly whilst shifting, but it's not a recommended practise, and should be avoided on downshifts where possible...

Latest posts

Back