**gearbox help needed**

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackbmx2010

Reaction score
hi, my gear box on my 125 is stuck between 1st and neutral. it wont go into second and when i ride in first it slips back into neutral. my gearbox is 1 down 3 up full manual. can anyone help

oil is full and about 3 weeks old. but it was leaking a tiny bit after i stopped on the top left rear of the motor where the side cover goes on. i took it off when i got home but couldnt see where it was coming from.dad reckons its jammed inbetween 1st and neutral ?? i rode it again like 10 mins ago and it stays in first untilli go up hill or accelerate hard then it goes back to neutral

Couple of things could be wrong:

- Clutch could be slipping - Wrong oil; Should use castrol active 4t, 900ml.
- Gear seletor arm is bent - To hard shifting, stacked and bent; Replace, Take of clutch cover, clutch pull out and check.
- Dogs missing off the gears - Bad luck I guess; Pull casing apart and inspect.
- Circlip stuck underneath a gear unableing you to change up - Bad luck I surpose; Pull casing apart (Don't say in won't happen because it has to me).

The 1 down, 3 up gearboxs are shit. I had one.. Problems. Can a better engine all up.

Here is a thread for refferal if you don't know how to pull your engine apart:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/28247-stripping-125-a.html

Thanks mate, I reckon it's the selector arm cause my dad crashed it and bent the lever and footpeg and I do shift pretty hard. Thanks for the help.

unless it was in my street then probably no. could hav been blake cuz his bike looks almost like mine

Latest posts

Back