gearbox problem. (i think)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty

Reaction score
hey everyone,

well a few days ago my clutch cable decided to brake on me so i stupidly rode without a clutch and now when the sprocket completes each revolution it jams up...it still moves though, but when im riding i can hear it over the engine going tick tick tick tick...so im guessing somethings rooted in the gearbox, anyone know whatt im talking about?

thanks,
matty.

sorry i jut read all that i wrote it really bad i hope you get my point though lol. :D

yea my mates dad said i probably damaged it stamping it into gear...how much work to pull it down and fix/replace?

a guy on this forum replaced his gears or some gear box part i think it was pb performance you can get the parts i think from motovert but thats if they fit your engine

you can put a new box in your bike
it can be done if you like how your engine hammers

oh ok so im guessing the easiest thing to do will be get a new engine...cos its not gonna be worth fixing up mine. thanks for your help guys. :)

You can't replace the gears you will need a new motor.

Now this is what I have been talking about in regards to stupid advice from kids who know jack.
It can be done very easily, well kinda easy if you know how to turn a spanner.
Ya just need a new gasket kit which can be picked up through our sponsors, ( Mayland Performance has them in stock). and you will need to split the case which means you will have to pull the whole engine down, but once you have done it once it gets very easy and quick to do again.
At least if you have pulled it down and it cant be fixed,(which everything can be) just how much it will cost in parts compared to a new donk, you will get some knowledge on engine rebuilds, which is invaluable when owning a china.
There are a number of threads on pulling a motor down so you will be able to get the info you need.
if you cant find it here on MR give this a go.
Technical --Dano's Bike Shop-- 50cc MotoX, Fifty, Fiddy, Minibike Information Source.
good luck and if you find that some of the gears are had it. let me know, I have a few spare sets lying around...

Last edited:
Now this is what I have been talking about in regards to stupid advice from kids who know jack.
It can be done very easily, well kinda easy if you know how to turn a spanner.
Ya just need a new gasket kit which can be picked up through our sponsors, ( Mayland Performance has them in stock). and you will need to split the case which means you will have to pull the whole engine down, but once you have done it once it gets very easy and quick to do again.
At least if you have pulled it down and it cant be fixed,(which everything can be) just how much it will cost in parts compared to a new donk, you will get some knowledge on engine rebuilds, which is invaluable when owning a china.
There are a number of threads on pulling a motor down so you will be able to get the info you need.
if you cant find it here on MR give this a go.
Technical --Dano's Bike Shop-- 50cc MotoX, Fifty, Fiddy, Minibike Information Source.
good luck and if you find that some of the gears are had it. let me know, I have a few spare sets lying around...

Ok for 1 I did not give stupid advice so don't call me stupid, and 2. You show me where you can buy a gearbox for a chinga.

Some shops can order new gearbox parts from china but it will cost atleast $300 plus labour (unless you're fixing it yourself) which is about as much as a new engine. I just baught a new engine instead, easier, cheaper.

The motovert dealers would just order them in for you like any other shop.

you didn't say Sidney that it would cost less to buy a new motor you said you CANT get the parts when you can but it is cheaper to get a new engine.

a lifan engine is basically a GPX/Jailing engine.

rofl no they are not.

GPX/Jialing run way better, even without an IRK.

My mates 70cc genuine thump* kept up with my mates no name 125 chinga.

Last edited:
no offence Sidney but do you even know what you are on about this is what mack posted in one of the threads i made a while back:

I've had both engines apart and built race engines from both. I have checked every tolerance and all clearances. I have also followed closely the work done with these engines worldwide, and failures in both engines.
There is no way Jailing is 'way' better or even a little bit better. And definately not over the Lifan 140. How can it be? For a start they are using a nearly identical design. The Jailing head is a throw away item useful only as a paperweight, the Jailing seem to be showing a weakness in the gears and clutch setup which is not showing in the Lifan. As for reliability I would have to say Lifan ATM.
As for power and torque, the 125 Jailing compared to the Lifan 140 obviously is not in the race.
I'm in the middle of building a 150 and 160 this week from 140 base Lifan engines. After stripping them down and completely checking the bottom ends, I gotta tell you these things are dead true and in every respect. This kind of precision is where reliability and performance comes from and can be built apon with confidence.

Latest posts

Back