Gen thumpstar - pitster pro info

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUTCH

Reaction score
which would be better
thumpstar or pister pro x4r
wots the price
which has a stronger frame (jumps)
better stocks, build etc

thanks for any advise lads
did start out seriously about the mso elite but i would like to see what their building next, but now i think i might spend a bit more for a reliable/stronger built bike?

thumpstars are american built? aint they? wot about the pitster pro ? also the moto vert pro - is it bigger than these bikes eg size? would like something that is more comfortable for a tall person?

i got a quote on a Pisterpro 125 x3r and that was $3600 (so obviously the x4r will be higher)

whereas a new thumpstar Pro is around $4600 i beleive

thanks pitmaster

wow around 4+ hmmm is there alot of different in parts for this price range?hopefully alot better/stronger

and are the bikes rock solid ? wot probs do these bikes tend to have?

well freerider mag recently did a test day for $3000 plus pitbikes,

and even a $3000+ bike snapped BOTH foot pegs clean off on the first test lap, (NOT THE PISTERPRO)

so just cause its expensive, things can and will still break!!!

Last edited:
wow thats abit of a worry - must had landed really hard?

wot bike lost the pegs? which bike was rated better - also did they do the thumpstar?

which would be better
thumpstar or pister pro x4r
wots the price
which has a stronger frame (jumps)
better stocks, build etc

thanks for any advise lads
did start out seriously about the mso elite but i would like to see what their building next, but now i think i might spend a bit more for a reliable/stronger built bike?

thumpstars are american built? aint they? wot about the pitster pro ? also the moto vert pro - is it bigger than these bikes eg size? would like something that is more comfortable for a tall person?

To answer your first question regarding to the frames. Thump got the best replica BBR frame so far in the market, which is also the main reason you need coin that much for it. For x4r it has enlarge the chromo frame which gives rider a big bike feel. Now your second quiz the answer is no, both Thumpy and Pitsterpro arn't American build they had the factory established by the company in China and Taiwan. Third quiz my bro order the x4r for me and my old man paid around 3.2k for it so its actually cheaper than thumpy as well as motoverpro. I've just about to done some size comprison between standard 125 crf mini and mine x4r will post the result but I am pretty sure the x4r is the wise way to go since you were mentioned you are tall dude.

well freerider mag recently did a test day for $3000 plus pitbikes,

and even a $3600 bike snapped BOTH foot pegs clean off on the first test lap,

so just cause its expensive, things can and will still break!!!

Since I m the big fan for Pitsterpro I would really like to clearly out your statement, coz you sound try to imply it was Pitsterpro got the pad snapped, which actually is the Pro50z bike.

Pitsterpro was rated the best in freerider and second place in latest Australia dirtbike.

thanks guys pitmaster and fuzzmini for all the info - very helpfull - i think i am seeing a pitbike coming into my hands in the near future, got the $$$ but now how much do i want to spent i do like the thumpstar - but the pitster pro looks pretty good - bling -

but thanks again guys

cant wait to the info fuzzmini on the size comparision? as a crf125 has cross my mind depending on $$$

Peg to seat.
X2 Stock 15.5"

X4 19"

Wheelbase
X2 Stock 44.5

X4 46.75"

Seat height
X2 Stock 30.5"

X4 33"

Weight
Stock X2 132 Ibs

x4 139.5lbs.

x2 and other Pitsterpro early bikes are all the same standard crf minis.

fuzzmini yeah sorry dude i didnt mean to imply the pisterpro was the one,

fuzzmini how long have you had your pisterpro x4r and how does she go?
have you done/or planning to mod it up abit? how is the suspension,
i'm about 6.1 tall and weight about 94kg - she wot bog down under my weight?
so wot is the klx style is the pitster pro x4r
wheel size can i get two 12"

fuzzmini how long have you had your pisterpro x4r and how does she go?
have you done/or planning to mod it up abit? how is the suspension,
i'm about 6.1 tall and weight about 94kg - she wot bog down under my weight?
so wot is the klx style is the pitster pro x4r
wheel size can i get two 12"

I've got my dream piece approx 3 weeks now, well I would love to say how she's amazed me but guess ppl would probably say coz I own one. If you really dig the info on the bike try Planet Minis you got loaded info on the bike since Pitsterpro is the biggest in States. I plan to update the motor to 146cc but just have to see if I can come up with the coin, coz old man just said he wont pay no more for bike so end of the story. The suspension I've got on the bike is DNM 1000lbs, SGR racing forks while I m ride the bike sure can few the travel and obsorb and I m tall 5.8 weight 90 think u r save. So far I know the company have two bikes in the klx style one is x4 cheaper version still a good bike and the x4r kinda expensive ( Marzzoci forks and 28mm fat pro taper are optional gears since they were like 800 in total). You can get 14 12 or 12 12 well not sure about the small wheel since the bike is kinda bigger

thanxs fuzzmini sounds like a beast - tried to pm to ask if i can see a pic of your machine! but cant for wotever reason?

thanxs fuzzmini sounds like a beast - tried to pm to ask if i can see a pic of your machine! but cant for wotever reason?

give me you email address I will send you one with all the mods on it, mine's the same but with all anodized alloy gears.

BTW where r u from Dutch? I m in Adelaide south Australia.

dutch: i am about 6'2 n 95 kgs n i have an 06 motovert type r fkn love it bro ive had no problems handles jumps fine.i was looking at a thumpy also but i got my bike second hand n it had only been used twice and i got a free airfilter back tyre and oil. it cost me $1800. is this your first mini? if so i wouldnt fork out big $$$$ incase you lose interest in them just get sumfin decent but not too expensive to start with n if u really get into em get a thumpy or pitster.

take care mate

Latest posts

Back