General bike maintenance?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop88

Reaction score
Hey guys I just want a list of general things I need to do to keep my bike running good

So far I've got..

Valve clearance
Clean Fuel filter
Clean Air filter
Check spark plug
Change oil

Also would be good to know how often I need to do these things

Thanks

Hey guys I just want a list of general things I need to do to keep my bike running good

So far I've got..

Valve clearance
Clean Fuel filter
Clean Air filter
Check spark plug
Change oil

Also would be good to know how often I need to do these things

Thanks
go for a ride :)

how often to do these things?
clean the air filter after every 1 or two rides (guessing of cause if its covered in mud then clean it)
fuel filter... whenever it gets cloged
check the sparkplug i would probably only do when there is a problem with the bike or before i go on a really long ride a long way away from camp... (but i have tools on me then anyways)
change oil 1st ride on a new engine.. after that people run there oil for 5 to 10 hours i think... (get a engine timer it helps) i run mine untill it looks bad (i dont ride my pitty as much anymore)

valve clearance is variable you could probably just do it whenever your compression feels low and or its a PRICK to start cold... but once it warms up it looses compression but i would probably do it after ever 5-10 hours or whenever you change your oil (makes it simpler and you gotta wait for the oil to drain anyways)

also keep it clean after every ride and also locktite engine mounts and if you have a klx style frame with bolts holding the rear subframe you may want to take your exhaust off and locktite those bolts also also after every ride or couple of rides check to see of every bolt is tight (but not excessive tight for the bolts use)

that should keep you going for quite a long time (i have seen some bikes with 300 + hours on them with hardly any of that done to them and i buy them for almost nothing do the valve adjustments new oil and the norm and clean them and repaint them sometimes and double or triple there value

thanks for the info zwebx. thats sweet about doing up bikes man i wanna get into **** like that

Latest posts

Back