Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's too bad we could of combined shipping.. What did you order man..

Its too late now anyway its on its way from Fast50s! I've just got to get a new rear tire, ordered a Michelin Starcross 10"x2.75 and I have also got to get a new rear sprocket. Has anyone seen this tire, I have the same brand/make on the front but wanted to know how chunky the rear is..

Them starcross tyers work well in loamy soil or lose dirt , soon as gets bit hard pack tears the side nobs off real quick.
Just went out n took picture of my spare rear wheel setups .
L to R . innova 3.00 - 10 . Bridgestone M404 70/100 -10 . Michelin Starcross ms2 2.75-10

SAM_2229_zps92f54a79.jpg

give you bit of idea watt starcross looks like against other 10" tyers

They all bean used a bit . Still my favorite all around rear 10" have to be the one in middle Bridgestone M404 70/100 -10

Thanks for posting that Shearer, it's a good comparison. I am currently running that same Bridgestone and have had a good experience with it.. Out of all of them the Starcross definitely looks the smallest..

yeah the starcross looks like cheese cutting tyer haha up along side , innova n Bridgestone as they are taller and wider.
be better tyer running it on stocka as starcross wouldn't suck as much power from motor

That's too bad we could of combined shipping.. What did you order man..

just stupid little things to put in my shed and random parts. basically im stocking up incase the 50 world turns to complete **** like it almost has already lol

I have been having trouble with a sticky throttle ever since I started using TB cables. Are going through about for cables and endless stuffing about I finally bit the bullet and bought a Kitaco multi adjuster cable from Minimob, it cost me $45 but it was the best money I have spend on the bike yet. The throttle is now super smooth and looks awesome cos it has a braided stainless steel housing with a clear protective sleeve over the top.

I also have on the way:

200mm formula brake upgrade kit for Marzocchi shiver front wheel

Fast50s black mag style 10" billet rear wheel

Renthal 37T rear sprocket (silver honeycomb style)

10" Kenda Washougal rear tire

Two brothers billet kick starter

Two brothers billet extended rear brake lever

I will be upgrading my rear shock soon and have been looking for a Fox Float but most places are out of stock ATM. I have also been on the look out for a billet front hub for the zokes and will be having the spokes powder coated red and relaxing it on a black excel rim.

Got my billet wheel in the mail today, pretty fast shipping seeing as though it was sent last Saturday our time. Here is a photo of the Kitaco throttle cable as well. Will be looking at getting a tire mounted up tomorrow and might do some polishing on the stock rear drum brake assembly.

y5emedy5.jpg

eputyvy3.jpg

usavezy2.jpg

The Kenda Washougal is one big 10" tire.

dynada8u.jpg

^^^ yeah them washougal tyers are cool :) ,
Go to the lead with her man hehe

Damn gerro, your build will never end lad, all top notch gear and looks the part for sure. We need a build of the year comp.

Yeah I think I've got a problem, an expensive one.. Haha. Buying certain parts leads to, the need or want for other parts to compliment them..

Wow man looks so sweet! cant wait to see it all together!
were did you get the throttle cable? does it come with that elbow bend?

I have also been on the look out for a billet front hub for the zokes and will be having the spokes powder coated red and relaxing it on a black excel rim.

powdered spokes mmmm you reading my mind haha

Thanks bud, I bought the cable from Minimob, I couldn't find it anywhere else.. The cable comes with a 90 degree bend at the throttle end and a 60 degree bend at the carb end you can also adjust the tension at both ends. It is definitely a good investment after the troubles I've had with the TB cables..

I'm going to try and have the tyre put on over the next few days but I've got to wait for my sprocket to show up anyway. My rear brake lever should arrive today and the 200mm rotor kit should be any day now, so I will put those on as soon as I can.

Yer those washaguls are huge, might have to change your gearing to run it lol nice wheel. I like

Yeah I was surprised how big it was.. Should be right I'm running 15-37 and the 108 ha plenty of torque..

Just read all 20 pages of this build, so impressed! Very inspiring for all Jap owners I'm sure. Please keep posting!

Latest posts

Back