Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have this posted over at planet minis but thought I would repost it on Miniriders to share with my fellow Aussies. The bike is a 2012 CRF50, I bought the it new at the end of January and have been adding parts ever since.

Bike has:
•Strengthened & powdercoated frame
•Fast 50s bar kit
•Fast 50s tall seat foam & cover
•Fast 50s skid plate
•Fastace bs-22ar rear shock
•Fast 50s +1 front fork legs, bushes & HD springs
•Fast 50s pegs
•Fast 50s fuel cap & breather
•Fast 50s chain guide
•Fast 50s head cover
•Fast 50s oil cap
•Fast 50s shorty brake lever
•Fast 50s gear lever
•TB 88cc race head kit
•TB HD clutch
•DrD exhaust
•Red Baron cam cover
•Bridgestone tyres front & rear
•Polished stator cover
•Factory Effex iron cross donuts
UFO tank shrouds (Red)
•Geico graphics

Things that I've got but haven't installed yet
•Fast 50s 32T rear sprocket
•Fast 50s front hub

Here are a few photos taken at various stages throughout the build

Just swapped my dress up kit over this arvo..

looks sik mate, she'd owe you some coin eh, gonna get some flash red valve covers??

looks sik mate, she'd owe you some coin eh, gonna get some flash red valve covers??

Yeah mate certainly does but there is still so much on my wish list.. haha. I have been looking at valve covers for a while but the Fast 50s covers are so expensive and shipping to Aus is insane, I do like the look of the TB vavle covers though.

Very nice!
How did you polish up your ignition cover dude?

Just used paint stripper to start of with and just used a polishing disk on a bench grinder, I wouldn't attempt it buy hand unless you have a lot of spare time. lol

Fresh as !

What"s the specs on the backbone pipe ? Curious as im doing mine.

Great choice on the drd pipe too :)

Fresh as !

What"s the specs on the backbone pipe ? Curious as im doing mine.

Great choice on the drd pipe too :)

48.3mm DIA. x 4 W.T. black steel CHS

It is a perfect fit

Mad bike mate looks sweet! just needs some black rims ;)

haha and were you get your five-o dress up kit from?

Mad bike mate looks sweet! just needs some black rims ;)

haha and were you get your five-o dress up kit from?

I've got a fast 50s hub but I just need a 12" black front rim and hd spokes. I intend on getting a fast 50s billet wheel for the rear. The dress up kit was from mingin it was a mismatch but I like the black cause I want to break the red up a bit.

I just got a set of TB valve covers, I can only install the top valve cover though cos the bash plate is to close to the engine to fit it in properly. I also got a Fast50s HD peg mount with no kick stand mount, its going to be a bit annoying to not have a stand but the big was on a 45 degree lean anyways.

I am also organising the following parts next month to upgrade my 88cc RH

• AHP Four Speed Transmission
  • TB Heavy Duty Auto Clutch Kit -Billet Housing Upgrade
  • TB Stroker Kit 2
  • TB Allen Head Bolt Kit
  • TB Oil Cooler Kit 2

I figure while I have the case split installing the stroker I might as well install the 4 speed trans and upgrade the clutch housing so that I can run a IRC in the future. I was looking at the 117cc kit but I don't want to go to the trouble of having my case bored out and also don't want to have to much trouble in the future with running an auto clutch. Does any one have any have any experiance with using larger carbs with stock frames, does the tank need to be spaced up in order for it to fit?

Just installed my new two brothers swing arm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343564349.834707.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343564450.730727.jpg

bike is looking sweet mate and want to sell me that bottom valve cover since it doesnt fit your bike?

Latest posts

Back