Getting motor bike license in vic

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingers

Reaction score
hey there guys just after some info on getting my moto license. Me and my bro are both interested in getting licenses. So whats the best way about going for it? Is there a course that can teach me how to ride a road bike or get used to one before i sit a test? Just like a day course kinda thing? I can ride a moto good just never been on a road bike, how different are they compared to a pitty or 250? Does anyone know a cost for getting the l's? And also where's a good place to go and do it all, i live down lilydale way but would be happy to travel anywhere to do it. Thanks

Ok. I will try and help out. In the same boat and just scoped out most that info.

There is no best way about getting it. You get a choice, 1 full day which you get to stuff round on the bikes (generally they are like XR250's or something anyway) and then do the test at the end of the day. I think that's around the $250 mark. Or you can just rock up and do the test straight out (with some basic training). Heaps cheaper like 140 or so.

Apart from mirror check and blinkers, it's kinda the same deal. I had ridden a road bike for like 2 mins, but I won't be doing the full day course. Think that's for your real begginers. If you can ride a 250 well, I don't think you will need the whole day.

There are tonnes of place's to do it. Just google it. I know dekker training in Dandenong is pretty good.

Sweet as thanks for that, prob see if i can get to do it within 2 months then i can go and spend my money on a new bike :p lol im outa debt so i gotta find something to spend my money on, lol

ok well still havent gotton off my arse and got license yet, but i've been lookin at getting a yzf250 and the bike im looking at has rec reg already, so is it possible for me to buy the bike with rec reg and get it transfered into my name although i dont have a license? I will be sitting license test in 2 months but want to buy the bike now, so can it be done or can it only be transfered into my name if i have a license? thanks

and also whats the costs involved in getting a bike transfered cause my bro got a bike license so i could always put it in his name then transfer it to mine once i get a license,

cheers

Back