getting my 150 ready for snow and ice!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddy@norway

Reaction score
alright, don't know how much it really snows in australia, so this might be something different for you guys...

it's basicly sub-zero degrees here in norway, the lakes are starting to freeze over and the snow is falling ever so gently, you might be thinking it's not possible or fun to ride bikes on snow and ice? well think again.

I got a 1000pcs pack of icescrews from ebay, what is an ice-screw you ask? it basicly looks like a woodscrew with a sharp cutting head that you screw into the knobs of your tire, they come in many different lengths, I use the second smallest which is about 1/2".

It took 2 and a half hours mounting all the screws but the result is awsome! they grip the ice better than tarmac!

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

and a pic of the cat chillin' as a bonus:)

the tires I've used a Kenda carlsbad and millville.

haven't tested more than one ride yet, but once I hit some real ice, I'll get vids and pics up.

very cool fiddy ,, we do get snow here , looking forward to the vids mate

looks like way to much effort for one sitting haha
be well worth it though

those tires look mean as like that, carlsbad is a good choice for it too, nice tough tire so shouldn't be tearing any knobs

my kitteh Fat Tony looks identical to yours

Latest posts

Back