glowing exhaust...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron.blake

Reaction score
when my new bike runs the exhaust glows red hot i know
its somthing to do with it running either too lean or too rich
but i dont remember which one it is... i think its lean

anyone know?
cheers

yeah man your right, it glows red when its running too lean ;)

although i have heard of glowing exhausts from engines running too rich as well - something to do with unburnt fuel in the exhaust pipe or something? sounds a little unlilkely to me though.

does the bike run better with the choke on? if so its definately running too lean

adjust the air/fuel screw or change the thingy clip on the carby needle mabob :)

Last edited:
well i had a look at the needle and its on the bottom setting
CarbInfo6.jpg

havnt adjusted it yet or the air/fuel ratio should i move it?

um....moving it UP a notch will make it even leaner:p

glows when idling? or when its going full throttle?

maybe go up a size with the jet... idle or main...or both

well i noticed it when it was ideling so im going to fiddle with the screw and see what goes on

yeah just bought some carby cleaner and will give it a clean

... i have to ask headsmess what your display pic of?

ahem...my finger after i modified a party popper while drunk:eek: dont ask what i put in it either:p

now if id been holding the neck of the thing and not the string....omg, id have no hope of ever playing the guitar again....

bloody hell it HURT!!!!

learnt my lesson though.

hahah ive done this before haha got like a 100 pack and took all the cracker parts out of them and joined them then BOOM! hahaha

I used to put a party popper inside a cigarette and wait for someone to bludge one off me :D scares the absolute living shit out of them and you can be sure they'll never hit you up for a ciggy again

hahaha true true its all fun and games until someone gets hurt... then its hilarious! haha

well just took off the carby to clean and the air to fuel screw was screwed right in lol that could be the problem :p

ok quick thing i pulled out the air to fuel screw and saw the spring in there and when i tipped it up to get it out the spring came out and also a small rubber ring and a washer... what way do they go back in?

uh oh!!!!:eek:

this i cant say, but logic tells me...o-ring, washer, spring, screw

else the oring wil get chewed by the spring....

make sense?

omg my mate got me a beauty with the ciggy trick...then i got him back a few years later.... and being at the pub....it was spectacular to say the least...just as he was taking a drag as well:p

umm when you say glowing you mean like bright orange?
and while where on that subject of fire crackers
what does 2 packs of caps from cap guns make when you take all the gunpowder out and then put it in a paper tube and wrap it so tight in tape it explodes??
3 of my fingers lol 3 stiches is on and burns for about 3 weeks and still little feeling in the top bit of my index finger 5 months on. never touched one since

hahah yeah i took the idle screw out too and it goes o ring washer spring and screw so i will just put it back in that way lol

yeah pay back it a bitch... only to people you paying back :p

Latest posts

Back