Going Riding this sunday 6-3-11 at wombat state forest

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaMan

Reaction score
Hello Again all, still trying to get a group togeather to get dirty, lookin at heading into wombat this sunday for a session.

wombat is 15 mins from gisbourne, will be meeting up at firth park or you can meet us on the way there if your interested.

all are welcome. let me know if you need directions and hope to see you there.

Hi,
do you have the directions to there from melb. i wont be going as ill be at the airshow but it would be a good place to now where i can ride.
Thanks mitch

Hi Mitch, its a little hard to describe as there are so many places in wombat that you can ride, we normally base ourselves at firth park, to get there you head up the calder freeway to Gisbourne.

from there you head down Robertsons road onto gisbourne road, that takes you out through Bullengarook, a few km's past you turn off at Carrolls lane, this takes you straight into wombat.

after that there are hundreds of tracks that you could follow, best bet is to go to 'Mapworks' in keilor road essendon, they can sell you a map with most tracks listed for about $15 or so. They also have maps for most other state forests if you need them.

also for a few extra bucks you can get a laminated version designed for riders, that way it cant get wet and dissintergrate.

hope this helps ya.
Pete

Dont have a map on me(at work on my iphone)There's a book called weekend warriors that I bought a few years ago that has good maps of 20 legal riding spots(including wombat) within 1.5 hours of melb. To anyone who wants to ride legally (still require Rec reg) in vic this book is a must have and has details about each spot like where to park, seasonal closures of areas, good camping spot, river crossings, etc.
Weekend Warriors

with any law it's up to you to chance it or not
personaly, i don't think the chances of getting court are high, but you never know ;)

yer ive got a mate that rides his four fifty their and hes not rec regoed. he says thats the only place he risks riding without rec reg (forest wise i mean)

hahaha same, im underage though so i can still get fined
but if i crash ima still covered under T A C ;)

Latest posts

Back