Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Weeg,

According to Startrack - the bike arrives next Wednesday.

If it's any good, I reckon they'll be great for wives, girlfriends and older kids!

Fingers crossed!

hye guys i got a atomik and people tell me their the same what are some mods that i can do and where do i get them from???

hye guys i got a atomik and people tell me their the same what are some mods that i can do and where do i get them from???

You can mod these bikes to a number of levels.

The first thing you should do is set the bike up. If you go to the very beginning of this thread - there's heaps of info on how to get this done to best effect.

The next step is to make a few small mods that will improve the bike's performance. These are small jobs like mods to the aibox and exhaust to improve airflow and combustion - and also upping the rear sprocket size to improve torque and make the power band more usable. - again, this is covered in some detail throughout the thread.

The next step would be to get some machining done - like a porting job and a head shave, to up the compression ratio - but personally I wouldn't bother.

Instead I would look at a tricked up engine from Bataycan in the Philippines. This is a much better option becuase you get all the racing fruit for under $1000 - and the stage 3 engines have as much power as some of the Jap
thumpers. References to the Philippine site are also provided in this thread.

IF you follow the advice and take the time - you can have a lot of fun with your new purchase. - enjoy!!!

hey thanks man for all the help do u know if any sprocket would fit and if so what 1 and where do i get it from?? and maby how much it costs

hey thanks man for all the help do u know if any sprocket would fit and if so what 1 and where do i get it from?? and maby how much it costs

A lot of Chinese bikes have different sprockets - so you need to be careful.

The Hummer (or Kuda) has a 4-hole sprocket with 6.5mm centres.

A good choiceis a 48 tooth rear sprocket, matched to the existing 15 tooth front sprocket (you should be able to get one from Atomik - or if not, then Tomahawk definitely carries one)

The other option (which is what I did) was to go for a big 56 tooth rear sprocket - matched to a 16 tooth front sprocket, giving you a drive ratio of 3.5. These two sprockets I got from Bataycan in the Philippines - and here's their web-site address:

eBay Store - Zongshen performance: Performance parts, Appearance and beauty, Hausmotors

By the way, these guys also sell the hot Zongshen racing engines and carbon fibre exhaust systems.

The above combination of sprocket will cut your top speed down to just over 100kph - but you will get there in a real hurry and have plenty of torque to climb hills and plough through the rough stuff - a very worthwhile mod.

Cost for this mod - Option 1 around $35, Option 2 around $60

Last edited:
Well boys I am back from the marathon biking easter weekend! and what a blast!
I am very happy to announce that the Kuda Pro didn't miss a beat and I say that clocking up alot of hard Km's. To give an idea i used around 7 tanks of fuel and the only maintenance i had to preform is re tensioning of the chain twice but that was it it was very very good fun.
And now i can also say that the performance is enough to keep with jap bikes in roungh stuff, we ride on a over head power line service trail that goes for hundreds of km and has alot of steep tricky hills alot of sand and rock and the old Kuda pro stuck with a 1995 XR 250 no worries obviously in a straight line on good surfaces he killed me but where it counted he could not shake me and when i was in front could not catch me either!!!!
One surprise was my brother in law on a older hummer 200cc (with a new muffler and jetted carby) he was also there with us (he had a bugger sprocket setup than i did) but he went good as well. Actually in a straught line drag he sticks about half a bike of me until half way through 3 and then i walk away from him, he is maxed out in top just as i am shifting into it and then i have another 15km on him but as i said before in the stuff that matters up hills through sand and the like he was there with us.

So a question to Rod what do you think is the better option for a quicker acceleration the front sproket up one tooth? or rear sproket up many teeth.
I like the top end pretty much where it is but would like faster off the mark stuff? you know.

Faster take off is a smaller front or a lager rear
To not loose much top end i would go a couple on the rear

Hi Weeg,

What you need to do is divide the number of teeth in the rear sprocket by the number of teeth in the front sprocket, to derive a drive ratio.

In my case, I run a 16 tooth front sprocket with a 56 tooth rear sprocket – giving me a drive ration of 3.5.

I think you’re running a 15 tooth front sprocket and a 48 tooth rear – giving you a drive ratio of 3.2.

The higher the ratio number, the more acceleration and torque – but the theoretical top speed of the bike is reduced somewhat. You do however reach your top speed a lot quicker with the higher D/R.

In my case – I ride a lot of short technical tracks, so the acceleration and torque comes in real handy. My top speed however is only around 100kph – but that is plenty for the type of tracks I ride. The extra tooth on the front sprocket reduces chain wear and puts less strain on the gearbox – but it means you then have to run a bigger rear sprocket to get the same drive ratio.

With a 3.5 drive ratio the acceleration and torque is ideal for my riding conditions – and you get through the gears really quick. This could be a real pain if you had a slow and clumsy gearbox – but fortunately the Hummer has one of the fastest and slickest gearboxes I’ve come across.

Hope that helps Weeg.

Hey Rod
I just bought the 16T and a 56T sprocket set from Bataycan and i will see how that goes, did you notice a massive difference in acceleration when you swaped everything over? Because i have just remembered that the front end allready comes up when i crack the throttle in first i wonder what it will be like now? i guess i will find out in 2 - 4 weeks.
Have you got that other bike yet?

Hi Weeg,

Yep, it's pretty pokey and I can do a wheelie in just about any gear!

I've adjusted my riding position a little to cope - and as I weigh 102kgs, it's very easy to control the bike's balance with minimal body position change.

If you're a light rider though - you gan always move the clamps an inch or so down the forks - which will alter the C.O.G. and make the bike more "front heavy". This does effect the handling and feel of the bike a little - so don't go overboard.

All in all I've found my sprocket combination to be just about perfect for the conditions I ride in. One option you may also consider is to set up a second back wheel with your new sprocket configuration. It's then a quick changeover to adjust the drive ratio for different riding conditions. You can also fit an alternative rear tyre - so one set up is for firm fast conditions with lengthy straights - and the other is for intermediate/soft terrain with hard climbs and more technical riding requirements. There are many smart configurations/combinations to consider.

The Hummer's rotate and lock front sprocket is fast and efficient to change, with only two retaining bolts to be removed.

The new bike should arrive tomorrow (Wednesday) - I'll post photo's when it's assembled.

The new bike arrived today bang on schedule.

No shipping damage as far as I can tell.

Striking colours in black, orange and chrome

Old fashioned type central frame, but really massive construction - and it lets you get at the engine and carby a lot easier.

External cone air filter - very nicely put together unit.

OHC engine with fancy chrome trim.

Looking forward to this one - pictures later when it's put together.

OK - Good and bad points of the Cob & Co 250cc Link so-far (bike just assembled)

Good: - High output Zengshon OHC engine, tough frame, nicely finished wheels, adjustable quality suspension, easy component access, good ergonomics for the smaller rider and low overall weight (85Kgs).

Bad: - Crap quality wiring, front brake caliper a little misaligned from the disk, no rubber anti vibration washers on plastics, crap brake & clutch levers, shitty throttle, piss poor handlebars & fittings, brakelines and wiring badly routed, external exposed air filter may clog in rain & mud, no assembly instructions, poor manual and a number of unconnected hoses and wiring.

All in all though I'm happy. In terms of size and configuration it will suit my wife and daughter to a tee and (on paper at least) it should provide some awesome performance after a few upgrades.

Planned changes and upgrades include:

New Bars, Levers and Throttle
Shim brake caliper as necessary (or shave off a bit of the front wheel spacer)
Re-wiring job as necessary
Hose and wire routing adjustments with securing ties and clamps fitted where neccessary.
Air filter mods (maybe a new airbox type set-up)
Rubber anti-vibration washers on all the plastics
New DID 428 gold chain
Possible larger sprocket set-up (supplied sprocket seems a little small - but wheel sizes are also small). Will just have to field trial and decide from there.
All bolts to be checked, tightened and torqued where necessary.
All frame bearings and pins to be greased.
Oil and fluids to be replaced with Western products.
Suspension to be tuned.

Will be busy for a couple of week-ends.

Last edited:
Just thought i would report on how i am going.

Finally after weeks of not being able to take the Hummer out due to lack of a Tow vehicle which had been written off with Hail damage, loaded up the Hummer and my younger Son's brand new 110cc PitPro and off we headed to Pacific Park about 40 minutes north of where we live.

The main task of the day was to get my 10 year old who had never been on a dirt bike to at least start, stop and go round corners so i was not expecting to get a lot of time to test out the beast. Well son took to it like a duck to water and in the whole day only fell of twice as he started to push his new found limits. Proud Dad !

Anyway in between teaching i was running in the Hummer and having a blast ... and i didn't fall off at all .. not bad for an old bloke who has not been riding for 25 years.

The only thing i had to do was adjust the chain .. can't complain about that. The only other problem i had was my lack of judgment, approaching a "puddle" i picked what looked like a descent line through ... as soon as the front wheel entered the water i knew that maybe this was not so good .. the front wheel went straight down and the rear quickly followed .. the bike was buried in mud above the tyres .. f-word i thought , i stepped off .. mm what i am i going to do here. I figured i would try and start it with the electric start and to my surprise it kicked over no problem. Did not help though as i just got wheelspin .. but the fact that it started buried in mud impressed me ! After struggling for a while another bloke on a Wr450 came along and got stuck .. so we helped each other out or the mirk.

Of course the hummer started straight away once out of the mud .. and i was worried about heading into the bush too far as it might break down .. building a healthy respect for this machine. I managed to ride through a couple more shallow 3ft puddles before the day was out and the bike just kept running. I am thinking i need the big rear sprocket and a better rear tyre but its
not urgent by any means.

So all in all very impressed, had a ball , my 12 year old has just bought himself a PitPro 125cc .. so can't wait to get all three bikes out .. all we have to do now is convince the wife she needs one as well :)

Mate if you take the time to set them up correctly and keep the maintenace up - you can't go wrong.

Like you I hadn't ridden for years - and although I used to race Motocross at one time (500cc AJS) the Hummer is quite fast enough for me now lol !

If this is what a mid-life crisis is like - well I guess it's O.K.

Enjoy!

Kuda Pro 250 oil

Hey guys,
Ive got a Kuda Pro 250 which ive been told that theyre pretty much the same as the hummers, my has the standard push rod engine and I dont know what oil to put in, can i get a recomendation please?
Also i use motul oils in all my other bikes if possible please tell me the weight so I can get the motul oil

Cheers, PhillyBob

Dont use synthetic
800-900mls of Castrol TT 10/40 minerial oil

Hey guys,
Ive got a Kuda Pro 250 which ive been told that theyre pretty much the same as the hummers, my has the standard push rod engine and I dont know what oil to put in, can i get a recomendation please?
Also i use motul oils in all my other bikes if possible please tell me the weight so I can get the motul oil

Cheers, PhillyBob

Yeah Phillybob - Chinese bikes aren't designed to use synthetic oils and some of them don't react too well to Motul.

I use Castol Activ 4T in my Hummer - which is available from Woollies at bargain prices - and is an excellent oil for Chinese bikes.

Change the oil often - it's a much better strategy than spending megabucks on exotic oils that aren't designed for your type of bike anyway.

Last edited:
tomahawk kx 250

hi guys i have 2 purchased a dirtbike first time for 24 years good fun bike seems ok just put bridgy 110/100 rear and dunlop 90/90 front fly bars could anyone tell me where I can get, and what I get for sprockets and chain First day in the mud yesterday but its just to long between gears

i was looking at buying the kx so how is it going. most people are getting the hummers so would be good to hear what its like. If you read back through this thread theres a lot of posts on sprockets

Latest posts

Back