Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok then you guys. ive been interested in this thread ever since its started and have read basically every post.

now im lookin at the new hummers and the tomohawk kx's on ebay. now the thing i wanna know is how good are these bikes straight out of the box? because i will have no cash left after i get it to be able to buy anything for it. the only stuff that i would be able to do to it would be all the adjusting and tweaking with out buying new stuff. so what do guys reckon? do you think they are alrite out the box?

Mate they're good bikes within their limitations.

Pay $12,000 for a 250cc Jap motorcrosser and you'll get a 32 kw monster engine that will do frightening things.

Issues to consider though are:

Can you handle it
Do you need it
Can you afford it
Running on the boundry of materials technology - the bike's going to be clapped out after a season's hard racing - and then you're looking at more bucks to recondition the engine.

A hummer won't give you that kind of performance - but it will give the Honda XR a run for it's money. Hotted up engines are available for a small further investment though.
It costs a fraction of the amount you'd spend on a Jap bike - both to purchase and to service and buy parts for.
The newer Hummers are quite well built and are pretty reliable engine wise.
There is a lot of scope for tinkering and upgrading, which you can do at home with basic tools. That will teach you a lot about mechanics and keeping your own bike in good condition.
You feel a lot more confident about doing you're own servicing, if stuff-ups don't cost you a fortune.

A lot of folks like the pit-pro - but I think that stems from the good press their mini bikes get and this reputation rubs off on the bigger bike. A pit pro will cost you more money than a Hummer and personally, I don't think you get anything more for your money!

To minimize the amount you spend on a Hummer - look at the prices indicated on the e-bay feed-back. Choose a price you're happy with at the lower end of the scale - and stop bidding once the bike goes over the price.

Often, if a bike goes for a high price - the next one off the rank will go cheaply.

Do not concern yourself with colour - go for lowest price.

Make sure you get a Hummer with the solid billet swing arm - not the older welded jobbies. The pictures on the Dreamrider site will show you the difference.

When you get your Hummer - read all the advice on this thread and implement it - especially the section on setting up the bike when first received.

That's about it matey - enjoy!

Last edited:
hey fellas,

just wondering if anyone has had anything to do with putting harder fork oil in the front forks. Just wondering how to do it?
Oh and also can some one tell me if they know of some better rear springs available for this bike??

cheers.

Good advice from Cibs - that's pretty much the way I do it.

I weigh 102KGs though, so I prefer the more viscous fork oil 10.

It's not supposed to stop the bike from bottoming - just slow down the travel. But I recon it does reduce bottoming to some extent - at least it seems to have done so on my bike.

There are a number of custom spring outfits in Aus that will do springs with higher rates - also progressive rates - but they are expensive.

I haven't asked bataycan in the Philippines yet - but they may well be able to source more robust shock units or higher rate springs.

Hey guys
Who bought the sprokets from Bataycan? was it you rodbox or was it the Doc? i was just wondering how long it took you to get your items?
It has now been 3 weeks since i paid and i still do not have my muffler!
For the amount of freight i have paid the charges seem like courier ones, i thought i would of had it by now.
And strangely they wont reply to my emails about it, i have just sent them a stronger worded one hopefully they come back if not i will contact pay pal and let them know i am doing that as well, hopefully the thought of my money coming back might jolt them into action.

Hi Weegee - yes it was me who bought the sprockets.

The shipment does take a few weeks - but it will turn up.

The reason for the delay is their choice of shipper - which keeps costs down, but takes a little longer. Using one of the major couriers from the Philippines would cost a fortune.

Last edited:
foot pegs

There are a few quality offerings of oversized footpegs on e-bay lately, to fit an assortment of different Jap & European bikes.

Does anyone know if the Hummer footpegs are interchangeble with any of the Jap or European footpegs? - I've heard a rumour that they match the Honda CR series - but I can't find anyone to confirm it.

Be glad to hear from anyone that knows.

Hey Rod & Jaz
Did they let you know when the goods left? and did they supply consignment information or did the goods just arrive?

Well spurned on by this thread i have bought a G4 Hummer from Dreamrider,
Just awaiting delivery with a little trepidation, not having had a
dirt bike for 20 years when i was 20 something and now a lot less fit
and a lot heavier and umm older !

Thanks to the guys here i feel pretty confident i can get the bike setup
and reliable , so thanks guys and hopefully i can contribute something back after i get my hands on the beast.

Steve

Hey Rod & Jaz
Did they let you know when the goods left? and did they supply consignment information or did the goods just arrive?

No mate - products just turned up (in my case after about 4 weeks).

Don't worry Weeg, these are OK guys and your muffler will turn up.

Faster couriers cost big money from the Philippines and even then - are not that fast.

The Philippines is a political trouble spot with lots of security layers and consequently a slow shipping system.

Keep the faith dude!

and reliable , so thanks guys and hopefully i can contribute something back after i get my hands on the beast.

Steve

Welcome to the thread Bigi- a few of us here are the wrong side of 40 - so you're in good company. Got 102 KG's to chuck around myself - so I don't take as many riding risks as our resident demon of dirt - (Cibby Doc).

Hope you enjoy the bike - let us know if you get the OHC or pushrod model.

Steve

Welcome to the thread Biggie- a few of us here are the wrong side of 40 - so you're in good company. Got 102 KG's to chuck around myself - so I don't take as many riding risks as our resident demon of dirt - (Cibby Doc).

Hope you enjoy the bike - let us know if you get the OHC or pushrod model.

There are a few quality offerings of oversized footpegs on e-bay lately, to fit an assortment of different Jap & European bikes.

Does anyone know if the Hummer footpegs are interchangeble with any of the Jap or European footpegs? - I've heard a rumour that they match the Honda CR series - but I can't find anyone to confirm it.

Be glad to hear from anyone that knows.

There is a guy selling alloy pegs for the hummer that may fit on oztion dot com dot au, looking at the picture the fitting looks very similar to the CR pegs on Ebay.

Send me a PM if u cant find it .. not sure on the policy here posting links to non sponsor sites.

I got an email with a tracking number it took nearly 3 weeks for that and a few days later the sprocket arrived

There is a guy selling alloy pegs for the hummer that may fit on oztion dot com dot au, looking at the picture the fitting looks very similar to the CR pegs on Ebay.

Send me a PM if u cant find it .. not sure on the policy here posting links to non sponsor sites.

I saw those - but I need really big ones like Rock Stompers or similar (size 13 feet!)

I might take one of my pegs off and drag it along to the Honda shop , to see how similar they are.

You can currently get Rock Stompers (and a couple of other oversize pegs) on e-bay for around half price - so it would be a shame to miss out.

Welcome Bigtree and good luck you should have a ball with the bike,
Oh and everyone i have finally got new ront forks from Atomik, and while they are not the adjustable ones like i had i am happy just to get some forks, i don't know how good the adjustable ones were anyway.

Steve

No probs Steve...Good luck with her and lets us know if you need a hand...only glad to help...and dont worry bout the years catching up mate..your only as old as the girls hump you jump your bike over...:D .......or something like that.
Cheers Doc

Last edited:
Rod.....they look more like CBR type pegs (older vers like the 600RR F2). Check that out...I bet they fit. You might have to add some spacers though, but I bet they fit.

Doc

Attachments

• fphonsslv.jpg
    fphonsslv.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back