Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heavier Shock Springs

A few blokes have been asking where to source heavier shock springs for their Hummer - the following link is an Aus outlet that can advise on required spring rate - and supply an/or fit the springs.

Fit Shock Spring

The Hummer springs should be a standard Jap guage - so it's just a matter of choosing a correct spring rate and spring type (ie uniform or progressive)

Strange Thing:

Accessed Atomic Motor Sports site and had a look at their retail prices for Dirtbikes.

Atomik Motorsports

The Kuda Pro (with the EVO II pushrod engine) is more expensive than the Kuda (with the more advanced OHC engine) - Anybody speculate on a reason why?

Hey Rod
There are a few differences the Kuda only has the small wheels 19" front and 16" rear, it is also missing the adjustable front forks you can not adjust pre load etc but as we all know i did not have much luck with those anyway.
Also the handle bars are quite alot higher on the Kuda Pro as apposed to the Kuda but apart from that i don't know.
In my opinion they should have put the OHC in the Kuda Pro but if you look at the spec's the OHC has the same output as the EVOII engine which i think is a bit strange.

Yeah you're right Weeg - it's got the cruddy old welded swing arms as well ! Why would you put your new HP OHC engine with that? Strange!

Doesn't seem to be a fixed option though - since Tomahawk seem to have the OHC engine with the updated frame - mind you with that outfit you need to check and make absolutely sure you're getting what they advertize!

i reckon theyve just put a better name on it with cheaper bits to see if they can make some better income off of it cos ppl wouldnt really know the difference

Well - Ive tinkered and modified my way to the end of the line now and am just left with the graphics. I bought a set of sponsor graphics from "One Industries" to brighten things up - but have run into trouble with the swing arms. I don't know if the manufacturer puts teftlon or some crap in the paint - but you can't get bugger all to stick to it.

I tried cleaning it with a variety of chemicals to ensure the surface is grease free - but still nothing will stick to it.

I dont really want to rough up the surface with abrasive - so any ideas anybody?

Yeah Rod....mine came straight off as well...I was thinking of using 1200 wet and dry (wont do any severe damage and if you change oyur mind it will polish out) and spraying some clear base coat on first and then applying the decals and then overcoating with clear base to keep them on. Thats what I've doen with my track/road bikes in the past and it works a treat. Bit of work however.

Have resprayed a lot of bikes and ALWAYS overcoat the decals and graphics...its the only way to keep them on and you can high pressure over them without damage....little work now saves dollars later....should be the moto for these bikes...

If you decide to go this way Rod, happy to help out with spraying tips etc....

Last edited:
i reckon theyve just put a better name on it with cheaper bits to see if they can make some better income off of it cos ppl wouldnt really know the difference

Think you might be spot on $heepy.....

I solved the problem of the graphics not sticking to the swing arms - all be it a little time consuming and sticky.

I basically drew the outline of the graphic onto the swing arm with a chinagraph pencil. I then filled in the area where the graphic would be stuck, with a thin film of contact cement and let it dry.

I then affixed the graphic - and boy did it stick. Make sure you get it right first time - because you wont get it off again lol!

Looks a nice bike Cibbs - I think it's similar to the one that Cobb & Co offers.

I've been considering a version with 18/16 wheels for my daughter.
SDB ProX 250CC DIRT BIKE TRAIL MOTORBIKE BIKE DIRTBIKE - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Jan-08 18:08:46 AEDST)

Last edited:
Took the bike out for a run today over a wide range of terrain and riding conditions.

The mods to the air filter and cleaning out the pipe manifold, has definately added a little power - not a huge amount, but it is noticable.

Gearing worked well over all gradients and gave plenty of accelaration up to top speed on long straights.

I figure top speed just tipped 100 kph. A few extra kilowatts would enable you to gear up a little and raise speed to the claimed 140kph - but I recon you'd need about 18 - 20 kw of output to achieve this and maintain good accelaration.

All in all though - very happy with the ride and nothing broke - great day.

Hey Rodbox

I have stumbled over this ebay store today and have noticed the following:
Brand NEW Alloy Footpegs - eBay, Other Cars, Bikes, Boats, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Jan-08 19:16:19 AEDST)
Bigish foot pegs for $20.00 buy it now and also:

New 250cc ZONGSHEN Engine:-: 5 Speed Manual - eBay, Other Cars, Bikes, Boats, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 06-Feb-08 14:53:51 AEDST)
OHC Zongshen engine for sale for a reasonable price i think don't you? $485.00 buy it now is good.

And this is why i love these bikes so many CHEAP parts what other bike could you get a brand new 250cc engine for $600 including delivery, with HONDA try and get your head done for cheaper than that!

Hey Rodbox

I have stumbled over this ebay store today and have noticed the following:
Brand NEW Alloy Footpegs - eBay, Other Cars, Bikes, Boats, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Jan-08 19:16:19 AEDST)
Bigish foot pegs for $20.00 buy it now and also:

New 250cc ZONGSHEN Engine:-: 5 Speed Manual - eBay, Other Cars, Bikes, Boats, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 06-Feb-08 14:53:51 AEDST)
OHC Zongshen engine for sale for a reasonable price i think don't you? $485.00 buy it now is good.

And this is why i love these bikes so many CHEAP parts what other bike could you get a brand new 250cc engine for $600 including delivery, with HONDA try and get your head done for cheaper than that!

Nicely spotted Weeg

The foot pegs look nice - but I don't think they are over-sized - which is what I need.

The engine is good value - but for $150 more - you could buy the full on racing engine from Bataycan - which I'm still looking at as a possibility.

It only gets better from here though - more products available at cheaper prices - I like it!

Welcome to the thread Bigi- a few of us here are the wrong side of 40 - so you're in good company. Got 102 KG's to chuck around myself - so I don't take as many riding risks as our resident demon of dirt - (Cibby Doc).

Hope you enjoy the bike - let us know if you get the OHC or pushrod model.

Well the bike arrived today, a little bit of damage to the packing frame but the bike seems to have survived, also looks like it has been on it's side or upside down for a while, as most of the oil has drained out via the fuel line , at least thats where it appears to have come from. Also one of the allen bolts from the front caliper has disappeared. I have asked Ben for a new one, was slightly lucky with the battery, it fell out whilst unloading from the truck, and survived .. lucky it got here at all i think.

Anyway the engine is labeled ZS166FMM , can't find any ref to it on the web so sent an email to Zongshen to try and find out what the details are, hopefully not a lesser model to the 167 !

The journey begins .....

Attachments

• Engine1.jpg
    Engine1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Engine2.jpg
    Engine2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 45
Whoopdedo! looks like you got the OHC engine - as advertised!

Don't worry about loosing the oil - you need to change it anyway!

Just make sure none got into the air filter or anywhere else that's sensitive.

You always loose a nut or bolt in the shipping! - in my case it was an M8 bolt from the handlebar clamps.

The good thing is that most of them are standard metric threads - so you can usually source high tensile replacements quite cheaply.

Be sure to read the section of this thread on setting up the bike - especially concerning the greasing of the swing arm bearings and getting both the front and rear brakes set up - before actuating the pedal/levers.

See how the extra couple of KWs pushes you along - but if you find you need a bit of extra acceleration, go to a 48 or 52 tooth rear sprocket.

Alternatively, go for a 16 tooth front sprocket and really big 56 tooth rear sprocket. You'll definitely get some lively performance from any of those combinations - but the bigger 16 tooth front sprocket reduces strain & wear on the chain.

Good luck with you're bike and welcome to the club.

Same motor as mine Bigtree,I still found mine was geared too tall.
I've gone with a 15-50 sprocket setup and it gets along quite well.

Hey guys good news i finally received my muffler for the bike and i can only say NICE it looks unreal and sounds great too it is not one yet but i put it on the back of the old muffler and sounds beautiful i will let everyone know when its on properly and i will take photos as well.

Really keen to get a look at your new muffler fitted - be sure to keep us updated Weeg.

Spare Wheels

I'm riding at a couple of locations with very different going - one being soft the other fairly hard.

I'm thinking of fitting out a spare set of wheels with different gearing and tires - so as to make a changeover easy.

Has anybody priced a spare set of 21/18" Hummer wheels yet?

Latest posts

Back