Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ingleburn,

I wouldn't go for the KX - as some of the fittings (like the swing-arms) are the older style welded jobbies - which are not as strong as the machined billet versions found on the G4 Hummer.

Maybe they have changed them cause on the couple I'm looking at they state they have machined billet swing-arms.

Maybe they have changed them cause on the couple I'm looking at they state they have machined billet swing-arms.

Yeah your right (just had a look). These bikes are just made out of parts though - no coordinated design.

They probably just rotate and use old parts until they're done - then introduce the replacements.

The trouble is you can never be sure what you're going to get at any point in time!

At the end of the day they are still are pit bike....just a bit bigger.

On the issue of retuning after a new pipe. I had to adjust my main needle UP 2 notches but did not need to change my main jet. Its was flat at throttle up from idle but all good now. So I would try a needle adjust first Weegee.

The Mikuni carb on my bike is a pain in the arse. Cand get to the idle mixture screw with the carb on the bike and its an oval throttle body instead og a round. I've had these sort of carbs before and replaced them with Kiehen flat slides and boy what a differnece to top end performance that makes. Even makes idle and low end torque better as they breathe better than the Mikuni's.....but also cost a lot more.

So Weeg I would smooth out your throat in the current carb and try neddle adjustment before a new carb.

Cheers Doc

I got a hummer a while ago there a hell sweet bike.

We all agree Johnny1 - but the ongoing evelution of the bike is fast and interesting and makes for lively discussion on this thread.

What the bike will look like in 12 months time is anybody's guess. I guessing power will be up and wheelbase increased - anybody else hazard a guess?

I'm away in India for a week so keep the thread going whilst I'm away fellas.

Whilst in India I'm looking at buying a 500cc Enfield for Aus$3000 - and shipping it over in a company container.

The Indians bought the tooling from the poms when Enfield shut down at the end of the 60's. Only a few changes have been made to the design (like disk front brake and electric start) so it really looks an old thumper.

Will post photos when I get back.

Welcome Johnny1.....we ALL love our Hummers.

Hey Rod.......Sweet ride the Enfield.....I especially like the new version which is a bit lighter, some engine mods and brakes as you say.

They look the business as a cafe/vintage bike and would be a nice ride I reckon.

Make sre you send us some pics of the dealers over there, have some mates in India and they tell the dealers are a crack up.

Have a good trip mate.

Cheers Doc

Hey Guys

Here are some photos of the carbon fibre muffler on my bike please also note the back tyre on it, it is a Kenda Carlsbad and it is hopefully going to be a great tyre (we will see).

Also please note that beautiful beast of a trailer i just finished building it this weekend!!!!! i love it and when i get around to painting it in JET BLACK it should look the goods, hopefully i will get around to taking it for a blue slip this week and have the plates for this weekend.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Last edited:
Welcome Steve

Hey Steve welcome aboard the Hummer train. We are all trying to help each other and we will all try and help when we can Dont hesitate to ask for help. We have all had our share of troubles. LOL

Hi fellas,

First of all - great thread! The amount of useful information that this forum, and particular individuals, has turned up is just incredible!

I don't want to sidetrack the current direction of discussion, but I wrote in because I'm having trouble with my Kuda Pro and this seemed like the only place that could possibly help. Essentially, the bike will start up cold and idle (with a little throttle) fine and runs well enough to do a 100m lap or so. However, after being shut down again, I can start it up and idle but the bike will just stall going into first gear.

I have a choke cable that is controlled by a spring loaded lever on the handlebar, and it is loaded to remain in the down/off position (as dictated by a directional arrow on the handlebar). To engage it for a cold start I can pull the lever towards me and hold it for a few minutes, after which it will spring forward into the down/off position. It remains in this position unless I pull on it. I mention this for clarification because it seems as though the choke is in the correct position after the bike is warm, and shouldn't affect taking off.

When the bike stalls as it goes into first gear it is preceded immediately by a soft 'clack' from the engine area and the whirring sound of gears/cogs for a second or so as they wind down. As soon as the engine is warm, this phenomenon is continuous and it is just impossible to get the bike going in first gear.

Anyway, I'm sorry for such a long first post, but any help would really be appreciated!!

Cheers,
Piers

Hey Piers
Have you checked all the basics?
1) have you got good fuel getting to the carby?
2) have you got good spark? (i would recomend replacing the plug anyway as they chinese spark plugs are useless you can find the correct NGK plug in this thread)
3)is there an air blockage check your air cleaner and tubing to the carby?

There shouldn't be anything mechanically wrong as it is only a new bike but maybe something has happened during transport check the basics and then come back if all is well then we all can suggest more complicated items to check.

i dont mind the hummer but i dont want to waste money on one as performance wise might be a waste of money. im saving up for a Ktm but is these bikes anygood might save myself alot of $$ .. i have no experience with 250cc bikes from ebay just pits..

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of clarification! I had checked the fuel supply to the carby, as well as the spark plug. I'm getting a good spark at the moment, but I'm still planning on getting the NGK replacement this weekend. There are no blockages in the air supply route, and no air leaks (anymore) between piping.

Since getting home this arvo, I've had about 15mins to have another go, but it's the same deal. Starts up fine using the choke and I can get one or two laps (after shutting down and starting again) with perfect throttle response. However, after no more than 5 mins, it will continue to start up fine and remain in nuetral but will not engage into first. Every try results in a stall. Even trying with more throttle just results in a bigger lurch and a skidmark on the driveway!

I haven't had much history with bikes, so please excuse my ignorance, but the only consistent factor I can notice seems to be the operating temp of the engine - other than the incorrect use/setup of the choke, I can't see what should create a stall once the bike has warmed up.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

sounds like your not letting off the clutch slow anough and pull the acceleration slowly your just not timing it right.

other then that doesnt sound like any problem ive faced.

Hope it all goes well for you

Piers. Once the bike has warmed up do your self a favor and take off the air intake and make sure the choke hasnt come on. Dissregard whats happening at he choke actuator. Check it at the carby. Come back to me and see how that goes first.

Try to put a bit more throttle on when you take off piers and let the clutch out slowly until you get yous to the bike.

Piers
I have a Kuda Pro and i was replacing the fuel line and the fuel filter yesterday (because they are crap quality) and i noticed the carby has a black lever on the L/H side of it which is for manual operation of the choke,
I also noticed it can get stuck in the on position, you should be able to see it from the L/H side of the bike just make sure it is not on because that would cause similar simptoms.
So to clear things up the black lever on the left hand side of the carby needs to be in the up position not down, have a look at that.

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Weegee, I'm about to go and have a closer look at the carby and choke position, but to quickly clarify, when the black level is in the up position, the choke is off?

Cheers.

Sorry Piers
Down is off up is on the cable pulls the lever up but even now when i just checked it the choke stayed on and i had to manually push it back down again

Latest posts

Back