Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard the same thing, synthetic oil is a big no no, 10-40w mineral oil is what you should be using, i use Castrol Activ4, its 15-50w thats close enough for me, or you could go Castrol Power 1 GPS which is 10-50w part synthetic

You definitely should not run one of these bikes in with synthetic oil - and even after run-in, a synthetic oil won't provide any benefit with this type of engine. (and some claim it may even do harm).

I buy Castrol Activ 4 from Woolies for $9 a litre and that does fine.

You'll gain a lot more by changing your oil often - rather than spending big bucks on exotics.

I'm now up to around 1200kms on my Hummer. I've changed oil over 10 times during that period.

The first few oil changes had a lot of suspended particles - which were from the bike wearing in.

As time has gone on, the oil has got cleaner at every change and I can now service the oil a little less often.

The running in period is critical though and I bet dollars that changing oil often up front will increase the life of the engine by heaps.

Yeah i been looking for castrol oil in woolies but must be a perth thing as it isnt in any stores ive looked in in sydney. been using there generic oil and hoping it is decent quality. so far so good.

Ahhh sh*t!!!!
The friken guy at the local motorX accessories store told me to buy fully synthetic oil as it would extend the life span of my engine! What a goose!

The stuff i put in is Motor Oil 4T 10W/50 Fully Synthetic.

So this stuff is a no no? What should i do now? The guy at the store also mentioned once you put Fully Synthetic oil in then you can't go back to normal oil? Is this right?

This oil has only been used for a few hours in the bike.

For your interest too, we're going to attempt getting Recreational Registration on our bike soon. I'll keep you all posted on how that goes.

Cheers
Matty

You mustn't mix these oils Matty.

What you would have to do is drain the synthetic out then refill with non-synthetic

Run the engine for a minute or so only (just to pick up the remaining synthetic oil) then drain the oil tank again.

Finally, refill with a new litre of Castol - and you should be O.K.

Make sure you take out both the bottom drain plug and the side drain plug (with the oil screen) when draining the oil.

On both occasions you need to drain the bike thoroughly and even lean it over towards the side drain plug, so as to get the last few drops out.

If you're lucky you won't ruin your bike - but do it soon.

The guy in your MX store needs a good kick up the ass!

Thanks so much for picking up on this guys... Geez, he sure does need a good kick up the arse.

Could have ruined the bike thanks to these so called experts!! Trying to make a buck thats all they're doing.

No probs rod, i've drained the oil from the bottom plug before, just not the side one. I'll be doing this 2morrow night when i get home from work. I'll let it drain at least overnight, lean it on its side etc. Wanna make sure i get rid of it all.

Thanks again
Matty

Fully synthetic is very good for jap bikes, but not these china ones

I Just went to the Bataycan web site and there are 0 items listed for sale - does anyone know what's going on?

I received this reply from Bataycan - looks like they'll be off the air for a while - but all is not lost.

Rod,
We are actually pulling out of ebay temporarily due to the fact we are restructuring our product lne, But GREAT NEWS! We have an affiliate dealer called: :::: -This Site is Under Construction- ::::

They should be able to help you with whatever your needs are! This is our PRIMARY dealer and they carry Most of our products! Best to connect all links to this new website and that company is also restructuring and if there is a dead link just e-mail us here or e-mail their wenmaster and they will be happy to assist you!

We thank you so much for your support in the past but we are a seller to DEALERS only and we wanted to try EBAY to get our products out there and now they are out and the dealer above is very well equipped to handle your every need.

Best Regards, Bataycancorp

Congratulations on your brand new Hummer G4.
I really love that model.

ok then you guys. just a quick question. what do you think on the x moto xb31's??? my dad is thinking of getting me one and i am wondering whether it is worth it.

ASHROCK HOLDINGS - Printing & Zuma Power Products Reseller. - XB31B 250 Dirt Bike (Powered by CubeCart)

here is a link to a website with some stuff on it.

Hi $heepy,

I had a look at the bike you mentioned - and here are a few obsrvations:

Positive - Frame is good as is the suspension components. The front forks in paricular have both rebound and compression adjustments and are made by Showa inc.

Against - The engine is an old style pushrod - not even the updated Evo II pushrod - but the model before that.

You are generally advised to stay away from black exhausts on China bikes, as they tend to be inferior metal and pack it in pretty quick. Chromed pipes tend to fare better.

The fuel tank specified is pretty low capacity and I would prefer to see a 6 litre tank,which will give you a reasonable bit of range.

The price is pretty high at $1999 - a Hummer off e-bay would only cost you around $1100 + delivery

By the way this company also advertised the Hummer and I took a look at the specs. This too was a really old design and did not have the updated engine and high quality fit-out.

I would advise you to look at a G4 Hummer from Dreamrider or a Kuda Pro from Atomic (same bike - different companies). With this you will get all the good stuff on the bike you were looking at - plus you will get either the EVOII engine or the new OHC model. You will also get a 6 litre fuel tank and superior quality fittings. These include better quality clutch and brake levers, better exhaust system, better quality muffler and superior wheel alighnment systems.

You will however have to follow the advice given on this thread in terms of bike set-up and do a little work to get the bike performing at it's best.

Either way, I hope you will enjoy your new bike.

OK $heepy - but ask your dad to consider E-bay. Whilst I don't consider either Atomik or Dreamrider to be model companies (mainly because they only care about moving primary product and don't carry enough spares and customer support tools) they do however deliver the latest products and will for the most part take responsibility for replacement parts if there's a problem on delivery.

You'd also be surprised at how hard nosed and unresponsive some China bike stores can be once they've sold you the product - so don't think because you've purchased your bike from a local store, you'll be any better off if there's a problem.

Either way, a China bike cam be a lot of fun for a low investment - but you have to be a little self sufficient with the mechanical side of things.

A lot of motorcycle shops in my area selling Jap and European bikes look on China's as a threat - and won't supply you with any after market parts or provide you with mechanical services, if they know you have a China. I even had one local Jap bike store refuse to sell and fit a new set of tyres on my Hummer!

Some folks just aren't nice huh?

i am fairly mechanically minded and the motorbike store that is in my area i an all bike shop not just a one brand like a honda shop of something so they should be able to help me a bit. or else the is maylands performance in adelaide or sa fun bikes and they have a good reputation.

Hey Guys -

First bataycan went off the air - Now I just checked Dreamriders site and they don't have any G4 Hummers advertized!

Worse still, I then went to the Atomik site and they dont advertize the Kuda Pro any more.

Is the world as we know it imploding - or are we waiting on a new improved hummer?

Only time or an inside leak will tell!

Hey guys i'm back and can't wait to hit the trails again it sounds sad but i missed my bike and riding it my wrist is nearly 80% healed which i think is enough to hop back on the bike and go for a put.
Good progress since i have been gone i see alot of new people with bikes it is good to see VIVA LA HUMMER

Hey guys i'm back and can't wait to hit the trails again it sounds sad but i missed my bike and riding it my wrist is nearly 80% healed which i think is enough to hop back on the bike and go for a put.
Good progress since i have been gone i see alot of new people with bikes it is good to see VIVA LA HUMMER

Good to have you back Weeg - but where have all the hummers gone?

No G4s or Kuda Pro's in sight on e-bay - Just a bunch of pretend Hummers from other folks!

Waiting on a reply from the sellers.

What? say it isn't so!!!!! but this may work out to be in our favor! when people realise how good they are they will be worth 10X as much and will be a collectors item and we will all be RICH.

Latest posts

Back