Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puzey is releasing a 250 enduro road legal model around August. I think they're under $4,000 too. Not much happening on their website last time I checked but there's some info on their non-Aus site.

main_xtrend250.jpg

Yeah - but the Kuda Pros are going for $1500 - as I saw one sold on the Atomik site today.

I've got the previous pure dirt bike version (G4 Hummer) - and I have to say all in all they're pretty damn good!

This looks like it has the potential to be even better - plus it comes kitted out with dash, lighting, indicators, horn and all the other road going fruit.

It may be that all you have to fit is some on/off road tyres and mirrors to get it road licensed - but then the configuration and specs of a bike can sometimes prove a problem with the inspector - or some of the supplied components may not be compliant with Aus Standards.

I've dropped Atomik an e-mail anyway - and will publish the reply.

If it can be licenced - I feel a Christmas present coming on!

Last edited:
I got an answer from Atomic - which was that the bike is intended for O/R use only.

Having said that, you would have to put one over the pits to find out if it could be licenced and what would have to be done.

I might just have a go after Chrisie.

Um...don't all road registered bike have to have a compliance plate?

Um...don't all road registered bike have to have a compliance plate?

Your quite right - but I seem to remember there is a cheaper rate compliance registration option available for one off builds. I think it's the hot rod boys and custom build enthusiasts who sometimes use this option - but I'd need to check with one of the clubs.

Here are the design rules covering the specification of compliance plates.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_07_-_australian_design_rules_nov_2007.pdf

On first reading, the exemptions only seem to apply to personally imported vehicles and home builds - so do not apply.

Those of you who have bought a motocycle on e-bay however, may not realise that one of the reasons the bike is shipped partly dissasembled, is so the importer can claim he is importing motorcycle parts, rather than a motor vehicle. This incurrs less tax.

From a strictly leagal definition, it could be argued that you (the purchaser of those parts) are constructing your own vehicle when you assemble it.

You'd still have to get a qualified inspector to deem it mechanically compliant with the design rules - but this would be a lot cheaper than going the whole compliance registration route.

I'll see if I can get a ruling.

Hey Rod

Do you remember anyone ever cracking their inlet manifold? I went for a ride this weekend and my bike started back firing and then wouldn't idle and of course i was in the middle of the bush about 20km from the base so i got the bike back and by this time the bike would hardly run at all.
So i pulled the bike partly apart and found there was a nice crack along the top of the inlet manifold i think the air cleaner i put on it must have had some downward pressure so that must have cracked it so i am going to have to replace it.
Secondly you said the new Kuda Pro had a longer swing arm? do you think we could retro fit that to our bikes? are the frames the same?

Yeah you have to be careful Weeg.

If you combine pressure of any kind on bike fittings with rapid temperature change (like going through a cold stream etc), you can expect to crack something for sure - it even happens with Jap bikes haha!. The thing with mods is to make sure they fit snug, but not too tight.

I'm not sure about retro-fitting the swing arms, since they've gone to a 520 gauge chain to cope with the increased torque. This means they may well have installed a larger diameter axle - and the brake set-up may no longer fit the old design spec. I'd write to Atomik and ask.

Parts store up and running

The replacement store for Bataycan (Saturday Night Cycles) is up and running at the following link:

Saturday Night Cycles Home

Not all the products are up on the site yet - but most of what we need is there.

It also looks as though theyre going to do hot versions of just about every Chinese engine - so there may be a hot new version of the 250cc Loncin engine for the new Kuda Pro down the track. They also say they're going to build a larger big bore - which will top out at around 300cc. That might be sweet fitted to a Hummer/Kuda.

This site should be worth keeping an eye on as more products come on line.

The Orion shares many common components with the Hummer and has a bit of a following around the traps.

Generally they have an older type pushrod engine - whereas all the new Hummers and Kudas have moved on to the higher power OHC engine. Not having owned or seen an Orion in the flesh, I can't say how good the frame or quality of welding etc is.

The Orion has been around a while though and certainly seems to still sell quite well - but I'd maybe open up this question as a new thread in General Chat and ask for an opinion from someone that owns one.

The price is certainly competitive!

Hey Weeg,

Did you manage to source a new intake manifold for the Hummer??

Hi Rod
No not yet i have not seen one on eBay yet so i Araldite'ed it back together in the crack and also araldite'ed all over the top of the manifold so add some regitity. But i will keep an eye on it to see what happens there but i also grinded away the part of the frame that caused the problem in the first place and so no it fowl's on nothing.
I fitted my new sprokets this weekend as well (only 2 months late) but i was wondering rod did you have to get more chain? because as i was still running the original chain i though it should be replaced while i was doing the sprokets. So i went to the local bike shop and got a nice new heavy duty 428 chain with 136 links which apparently is standard and people usually have to cut down because it is too big but i found it was way too short? i actually had to steal 4 links from the old chain untill i could get some more new ones this week.
Did you have the same problem?

Hi Weeg,

You could probably give Dreamrider or Atomik a call and find they keep inlet manifolds as a standard spare. If they don't then let me know, since my local China bike shop definitely sells them and I could drop you one in the post.

As far as chain goes - I just got the standard 136 link DID chain - and in fact I had to take 1 link out to get the best fit.

I did however cut off the chain tensioner/roller, since the larger sprocket made the tensioning angle too steep. I then made up a plate with two slots and drilled two holes to match, in the top of the chain tensioner I'd cut off.

Finally I MIG welded my slotted plate onto the stump (where I'd cut the tensioner from) - then bolted the tensioner back onto the slotted plate. The slots now allow me to adjust the tensioner to the optimum height position.

It's a good mod - and you might consider doing the same.

Last edited:
good idea Rod i didn't even think of that.
Question why do they even have the roller in the first place do you think?
Is it because the rear sprokets are so small? becuase if you look at any other brand bike they do not have a roller but they do have massive rear sprokets?

Hey Weeg,
If you look at the roller, it's slightly tapered in one direction and applies a correcting force, in the event the front end of your chain takes a bash in rough scrub.

This is particularly likely to happen if you belly your bash plate when going over a big log etc.

I don't know how effective the roller is at actually keeping the chain on - but that's the theory.

Hey Weeg - if you want to shell out a couple of extra bucks - you can get a high performance intake manifold from here:

Saturday Night Cycles

These are the guys that are now fronting forBataycan.

Hey Rod what do you think about performance CDI's? do you think they do anything? oh and i found the best way to jet your carby. Oxy tip cleaners yes that is right i was having trouble finding the correct jet as the last one i put in was too tall and causing problems at WOT so i put the 110 back in and used OXY tip cleaners to bore it out to what i think is a 113-114 ish but when it went back in WOW the diference was great just a little tip for everyone.

Hey Guys
I just stumbled over this on eBay:
NEW ATOMIK REAKTOR 350CC ATV QUAD DIRT MOTOR 4 WHEELER - eBay Other Quads, Trikes, Buggies, Quads, Trikes, Buggies, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Jun-08 21:10:09 AEST)
A 350cc air cooled quad putting 22KW apparently stock, I was looking at the pictures and the engine does not look so dissimilar to our engines i wonder if this is a option when rebuilds are required, i'm sure a stock one of these would be cheaper than the race engines from Bataycan Rod what you think? and they put out the same KW as Bataycan and the other plus is they are stock so "shouldn't" be sensitive to failures or sourcing spare parts one would think?
I wonder what the dimentions are?

Hi Weeg,

You could probably give Dreamrider or Atomik a call and find they keep inlet manifolds as a standard spare. If they don't then let me know, since my local China bike shop definitely sells them and I could drop you one in the post.

As far as chain goes - I just got the standard 136 link DID chain - and in fact I had to take 1 link out to get the best fit.

I did however cut off the chain tensioner/roller, since the larger sprocket made the tensioning angle too steep. I then made up a plate with two slots and drilled two holes to match, in the top of the chain tensioner I'd cut off.

Finally I MIG welded my slotted plate onto the stump (where I'd cut the tensioner from) - then bolted the tensioner back onto the slotted plate. The slots now allow me to adjust the tensioner to the optimum height position.

It's a good mod - and you might consider doing the same.

Hey Rod,

This is a modification i definately need to make on mine.
I've had no end of dramas with the chain setup on my G4.
The roller keeps on slipping in behind that little nipple, which causes the chain to come lose and slip off. I've straightened and bashed it in many of times with no luck.

I think the mod you made could be out of my league as i dont know how to weld or anything. Might have to take it to the local bike shop to get fixed.

While i'm doing it though i wanna change the Sprocket and chain all in one.
Other than this headache, the bikes been going fine and held up to some serious bush bashing lol

Cheers
Matty

Latest posts

Back