GOPRO Hero 3: Black Edition

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlts

Certified Computer Nerd
Reaction score
Saw this recent vid, does look interesting.... battery life would be the real test,
but they may have a new winner:

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition

Key Benefits
- Wearable, mountable design
- Immersive, wide angle capture of your favorite activities
- Professional quality HD video & 12MP photos
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables remote control via included Wi-Fi Remote or live video preview and remote control - on smartphones and tablets running the free GoPro app.
- Rugged housing is waterproof to 197***8217;/60M and captures sharp images above and below water
- Compatible with all GoPro mounts for attaching to gear, body, helmets, vehicles and more
- Compatible with LCD Touch BacPac***8482; and second generation Battery BacPac***8482;
- Backwards compatible with older generation BacPacs***8482;
- New advanced camera settings: Looping video, Continuous Photo, Manual White Balance control, Protune Mode, allows to shoot photos while recording video and more.

Key Specs

- Professional 4K Cinema 15 fps / 2.7K cinema 30 fps / 1440p 48 fps / 1080p 60 fps / 960p 100 fps /720p 120 fps and more video capture
- 12MP photo capture with 30 fps burst
- Wi-Fi Built-In
- Wi-Fi Remote Compatible (included)
- GoPro App Compatible (FREE)
- 197***8217;/ 60m Waterproof Housing*
- Assorted mounts and hardware included for attaching to helmets, gear and more

GoPro-Hero-3.jpg

[video=youtube;xkEr4JGRXFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkEr4JGRXFA[/video]

Whats your thoughts people? anyone got one yet?

Wifey's getting me one for my dirty 30 next month, I opted for the black one $399 it's slightly better that the other two Hero 3's also comes with the remote!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

things look pretty dang sweet. man thats a killer dent in my check book.. lol not gonna ride around with a 400 camera on a $500 stocker crf 50... lol but anyone who has one i wanna know the better personal preference comparisions.

I went to buy one when it was released but they wouldn't ship to Australia at the time due to approvals needed

Wifey's getting me one for my dirty 30 next month, I opted for the black one $399 it's slightly better that the other two Hero 3's also comes with the remote!

The other two models reflect the specs of the first two model releases, ie, the white is effectively a GoPro HD with a better sensor and audio along with WiFi, the Silver a Gopro HD 2... The Black is the only real upgrade, you'd be silly to buy anything else.

I bought a Gopro 2 a week before they announced the 3 :(

I've got a cousin in Vancouver at the moment who is flying back with mine in about a week and a half, so stoked there is basically not many places in Australia to buy them at the moment without waiting till the end of the month. I've wanted one for ages, was just about to get the hero 2 when the black edition came out so I emailed him and he managed to get a hold of two of them. Can't wait, just in time for my honeymoon to New Zealand as well, going bungee jumping, zip lining, jet boating and all the other **** to so should get some awesome footage. Oh and also mini riding before then.

Last edited:
Wow so many takers, awesome as lads. I would be keen as to see some real raw footage, other than the perfected footage seen in all the GoPro trailers. Keep me posted!

Looks mad
has everybody bean good this year! Santa bring them
be long shot for me lol

Update and excited has hell, cousin is already back and will be stopping in this arvo with it. How's that for luck, so stoked cant wait to get home now. Who has a gopro in general is there any tricks or things I should know before playing with it?. Should we start a thread or is there one for gopro users already to share there knowledge like editing, software and what not. Anyway I need to get of the ****ter and get back to work, hope to get some footage up by the end of the weekend.

Good idea, I'll get a thread up maybe tonight, got a few tips and tricks and thoughts to give :)

Awesome... Na havent got anything as if yet just started playing with it, and updating the firmware. Trying out some slow motion stuff right now. What editing software do people use?
2yby3ybe.jpg
5e5ynuve.jpg

I've had a go at Adobe Premiere, and I'm trying Sony Vegas at the moment. I think I'm going to like Premiere more though. Little bit cleaner!

Awesome... Na havent got anything as if yet just started playing with it, and updating the firmware. Trying out some slow motion stuff right now. What editing software do people use?

I use iMovie as its so easy to use and doesn't get complicated and works well

Has anyone paid and downloaded adobe premiere elements 11 from the actual site before? If so did it all go sweet just don't want to pay $100 bucks for a download that won't work.

Latest posts

Back