GOPRO Hero 3: Black Edition

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering what file format do people save their gopro videos as to get the best quality playback on their hd TVs? & does anyone have the LCD touch screen for the hero3 is it worth it, does it suck the hell out of your battery.

Last edited:
Iv'e been told by a video production guy that 720 is your best bet, he went into all the pros and cons but stuffed if i could work out what he was saying LOL But from what i know with the 720 vs 1080 you get a much better frame rate (heaps better for slow-mo stuff), you'll fit a fair bit more on the memory card, it takes less time to load up to Youtoob, and from memory (at least with ver 2) you also get a wider angle. Also putting the 1080 side by side with a 720 there is not a whole lot of difference from what i found. Hope that helps :)

Cheers mate, I've played around with the camera a bit now and can defiantly agree that 720 is the better setting to use, I've tried to pick the difference from 1080 to 720 and there is stuff all id rather have the faster frame rate any day. To film a 3min clip at 1080 it ends up being about a 1.5 gb that's huge. I'm still wondering what people are saving there clips as after they have edited them? There's so many options in Vegas I just want to know wether or not I'm using the best possible one for playback on a HDTV?

Just thought I'd mention if you have the new gopro if you haven't done the new update you should, it's pretty schmick.
With wifi you get to view all files on the card on your phone, picture or movie and save them to it then you can upload straight to YouTube or what not. Also seem to have a bit more battery life by the looks of it.

my mates one would stuff up a couple of times only record for 3 seconds a a time and he got it replaced and it still does the same thing time to time id just but a silver or hero 2

Mine was doing the exact same thing when I got it, then it just stopped for some reason now it's perfect. A lot of the time it's the cards that cause the problems, did he try a different card?

Def update as wakeys hero 3 is unbelievable with the quality of the videos, and pulling a single frame for a pic is as clear as and they are an awesome camera.

Mine was doing the exact same thing when I got it, then it just stopped for some reason now it's perfect. A lot of the time it's the cards that cause the problems, did he try a different card?

he bought the 64gb card they recommended sandisk

mad piece of gear , going to be adding it to my go pro collection :)

Latest posts

Back