got a problem any one help ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy16

Reaction score
have a problem with my 49cc mini dirtbike it wont try to start any more i have bought a new carb,clutch,(ht lead),and spark plug but still no joy it sparks but just doesnt have any compression please help.

if there is no compression, i would take the head/barrell off the engine and inspect both the piston and the piston rings, most commonly it could be worn or broken rings, if so have a close look inside the barrell for any scratching / scoring.

RD is pretty much spot on with the problem but before u tear into the motor check to see if the starter is actualy enguaging as you said u have no compression at all even with a stuck ring or scores on the sleve u will have some compression just not enough for the motor to start

gazza2003au said:
RD is pretty much spot on with the problem but before u tear into the motor check to see if the starter is actualy enguaging as you said u have no compression at all even with a stuck ring or scores on the sleve u will have some compression just not enough for the motor to start
gazza, andy16 mentioned his engine has spark, so the flywheel must be turning. re; pullstart.

Latest posts

Back