Got a YZ250F

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mxrider23

Reaction score
Hey guys i just got a Yz250f and the guy i bought it from took it to a mechanic and
he said that the valves need to be replaced at the next time of Adjustment,
when do they need to be adjusted? also i ride every weekened and it also has race valves and high compression piston, if had it for a month and have changed the Airfilter and oil twice, will soon change oil filter at next oil change, is the anything else i should do coz i dont wont anthing to happen

valves on a 250F should be adjusted every twenty hours or so... best you brace yourself for the next service, as replacing valves on a late model thumper is not a cheap exercise... cant remember off the top of my head, but if memory serves your looking at at least $450-500 for the valves alone...
ask around, you may be able to find some stainless valves, which may be cheaper, and last a bit longer than the titanium ones that come in the YZ's stock...
put it this way, i wouldnt let them go too long...

Sweet Thanks man,yeh i phoned yamaha and they wanted 750 for original Valves, and i went looking around and found some race valves for 500, do you thing i should also replace the Valves springs as well andwill it make any difference in performance, thanks mate

what did u pay for it (im in the process savin for one) valves will affect performance if left unchecked

mate i would start saving, and get all the associated Valve train stuff sorted/replaced at the same time... stem seals, cam buckets, all the extras they dont tell you about when they say "you need new valves"...
hey didnt you say awhile back you work in a bike shop? should be able to get the parts cheaper if you do...

Yeh i worked at i bike shop and it closed down, but i still have contacts and will be getting the parts cheaper,i found the valves ( race valves) and also the springs as well as the cam etc,all for 600, and will fit them myself,
I Paid $5000 for my Yz250f that has Excel rims, Performace muffler, and head,as well as High compression piston( Many riders say it snaps there Yz450fs ) and it also has a 4000 worth of engine works like pistons,valves, gears, carby, valve springs,seats hot cames and etc, i Will Definetly buy all the parts for the head very soon get them changed, also the parts that i am paying 600 for all add up to around 2000 at yamaha as i called them up and asked for the exact ones im getting
oh and i meant will my Yz250f go harder and have better performance after i change the vavles Skruba

Last edited:
Yeh...
I Paid $5000 for my Yz250f that has Excel rims, Performace muffler, and head,as well as High compression piston( Many riders say it snaps there Yz450fs ) and it also has a 4000 worth of engine works like pistons,valves, gears, carby, valve springs,seats hot cames and etc...blablabla

yeah , well that does do nothing as long as your topend is screwed, no??
You bought a bashed lemon , my friend....there is no way around it:D:p

pics??

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

yeah , well that does do nothing as long as your topend is screwed, no??
You bought a bashed lemon , my friend....there is no way around it:D:p[/QUO

hahahahahahhahahahahahha ur a wanker mate, the valves that were on them had to be changed every 6months as it is a RACE BIKE , AND NOT A BASHED LEMON MATE!!!!!!

um not sure how to upload images and dont have any at moment will have some soon, also got all the valves for the bike as well as the springs, seats,collers, and what not, endendup gettin it all for $800 and got a few extra bit and pieces

Sweet. I want to see pics to:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/announcements-advertising-rates/12392-picture-posting-dummies.html

Quick summary;
- Get pictures on camera or phone
- Blue tooth or upload images to computer
- Get a photobucket or image shack account
- upload them to photobucket or image shack
- copy and paste
 Right click photo go to properties copy and paste URL then add [IMG] at the front and
at the back

cheapest place to get genuine yamaha stuff is thumpertalk.com goto their shop and go oem parts.
most stuff is almost half price even with delivery to aus.
i buy all my stuff from there

Latest posts

Back