Got busted $1000 fine he tells me

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throtl

Reaction score
Good news is my AtomikProX is fixed and the engine is now running better than ever some how.

Anyway now to the bad news and take this as a warning. Yesterday I chose to take the bike out for a cruze at this location in the northers suburbs which I actually though was illegal. Anyway its been a while since iv been here so I was taking it easy and just resusing out the area just slowly. Anyway turns out theres some other guy on a full size bike and he ended up slowing right down so I slowed down and came to a stop thinking he just wanted to say hello. Turns out its a cop on a KTM300, and you can hardly tell its a cop until you see the sticker on the bike that says Police. I said Gday and he said that I havnt done anything wrong with him and that he is just there to check to see that the bike is not stolen and to take my details. He asked if its not stolen and where I bought it from, I said ebay, he asked how much and how long I had it, and if I had a licence, I said no. I just played it cool, he then said is there any reason why your riding without a helmet and unlicenced in a sorry to do this way, I said ..Licence..? do you need a licence to ride here, he said yes, I said but where not on vic roads, he said yeah but we actually are, he said if you had a licence and where registed everything would be ok. I said so its legal to ride here? he said yes. I was very happy about this, he then said im going to give you some pamphlets on the laws and he read some parts out and explained it to me, he came across as a nic guy also and said that he is only here to make sure the bike is not stolen. Anyway long story short he took a photo of me and the bike seeing that I didnt have my licence with me, and here I am thinking omg im going to get off then he say basicly your unlicenced, no helmet and unregistered and your going to get a fine in the mail. I asked him to let me off with a warning but long story short he couldnt and said I could appeal it and maybe the majistrate may give me 10hrs community service. Dont know what im going to do $1000 is a lot of money. Im a little bit sus someone may have dobed me in. But maybe not he said lots of people ride here just look at the tracks everywhere, he said he is here because he is going over to the other side to the park (awsome spot) because people ride there and there not supposed to and people ride along the pathwys beside the freeway and on the bark and grass, haha I wonder who that was :). I guess it had to come sooner or later, Iv been riding on the road to in 5+ minute intervals round the block and around the surrounding streets, im supprised nobody dobed me in there or maybe I was too quick. Well on a positive note I at least now know its legal to ride there If i have a licence and my bike is registered, but the bike doesnt have to be roadwerthy even. And I will be coverned by TAC. Basicly these pitbikes go down in the same category as miniture bikes like pocket bikes and moterised scooters even though its a 125cc engine and the only place you can legaly ride them is on your own property like afarm or on a track. But in conversation he gave me and example of all these locations I can go to like mt disapointment and so on but said he wouldnt recomend I go there with my bike because I will get thrown aroung too much, I said yeah I get thrown around enough here. But, he didnt say you were not alowed to ride there on a mini bike. Im going to look into my legal options and may take it to court depending on cost.

10 hours community service for a $1000 fine, he's dreaming. Every hour of community service will pay off about $15, so more like 66.6 hours of community service.

rough... he sounded like a nice guy up till the point that he gave you the fine, thats just rude... very unlucky man, i hope your appeal goes well if thats what you choose to do, either way let us know how you go mate.

Cheers, Tony.

throtl i know how you feel the same thing happened to me he seemed to be a nice cop an then i got three fines in the mail $1000,
let us know what you do cause i wanna know what could be done cause i dont wanna pay 1000 bucks

i wrote a letter to the owner of the property cause if he gives me promission then the cops cant do shit but im still waiting for a reply

yeah, so im hoping that the owner gives me promission then ill tell the cops or court that i had promission when i got the fine an do some arse kissing an see what happens
lets just hope the owner says yes which i dout

Thats a tuff break man. i had this happen a week ago on my mates pitbike. riding down at the local ova (we had helmets n all that on) down ther for a while n then wadda ya no! a cop drives onto the oval. "gday boys how ya going?" i was like i cant get fined atm im broke. starts talink gets our details n then go's we've had a couple of complaints thats all. Then cops starts asking were i got the bike from! im like its my mates so he asks him n starts asking how much n that he shud get one for his son! lol. good day told his dad n he just started laughing. no fines nothing got off good.
But i think not wearing a helmet wudda put in more shit man. Good luck!

Been there done that, cost me $700ish and my licence... But i wasn't done by a police sting like you were...

Not much you can do, unless you tell the court the cop made you site on your bike for the photo and you were pushing it back from a mates place.

yeah, so im hoping that the owner gives me promission then ill tell the cops or court that i had promission when i got the fine an do some arse kissing an see what happens
lets just hope the owner says yes which i dout

This worked for me ....good luck, hope you can pull it .

Might be worth visiting him with a case of beers

Yeah well i think this one was a prick because he made out as if nothing was going to happen until the last second. What a prick, he could of at least let me go on the helmet. I must admit he did say hes not going to book me twice in a day and he let me ride it home?? yes illegally, he said as long as you go real slow because if you leave the bike here they will pinch it. Going by the pamphlet it says for an unregisted 61cc but less than 500cc is a $307 fine + riding unlicenced = $511 bike being unregisted ?? No helmet ??Thats a total of $818 so far. I can see this getting over the $1200 mark bike only cost me $900.

i got my fines a few weeks ago this is what i got fined yours my be different if your not in melbourne
no helmet $145
unregistered $322
unlicenced $537
so if your in melborne you can expect these prices lol

Latest posts

Back