Got given a ducar 125...any good?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennoharps

Reaction score
I got given a a pitty the other day and another motor in a frame. I had to sort out the electrics but then i got it goin. runs oright, bitta go in her :D but i'v never really riden pitbosses before so i have nothing to compare to what is the ducar 125 engine like? reliability, common faults etc.

I mainly ask because i have the other motor sitting there which i think may be an orion 125 and if that motor is going to give me a more reliable/powerful or just a better bike then i would consider swapping the engines.

i also have plans to make the other bike into a chopper as it is a lowrider frame.

cheers for your help in advance

peace

well i had a ducar engine i bought the bike 2 yrs ago and sold it about 1 yr ago and its still goin to this day and its had a flogging but wasnt very grunty quite crap actually

yer the ducars are quite shit... thats y my ducar is sitting on the ground out the back and a jialing 146 is moving in haha

Everyone might say ducars r crap but I reckon if you got it for free good on ya. Just ride the thing and have some fun mate

not all are crappy...thats the thing ....some hold up well and some fall in parts with heavy use....If you got the ones with the clutch on the crank....hmm...sell them if you got the others, make sure the shiftstar is always tight and try to shift smoothly ...then they will hold for a while...actually they not worse the 125 Lifans:p

i was thinkin of buyin a 125 semi auto coz there so cheap, i cant really find one around that price, wat is so bad about them though, everyones just sayin there crap.
y??

my brother had a 70cc ducar for 3 years... and still runs..
they hold numerous records... i think they do the job quite well

i was thinkin of buyin a 125 semi auto coz there so cheap, i cant really find one around that price, wat is so bad about them though, everyones just sayin there crap.
y??
there is a reason that they are sooo cheap...don´t you think so??

the gearboxes dissintegrate quickly....if you want to get more then 8hp the clutch does not hold up too
if you only need it to cruise you won´t have a problem, though;)

Ive got a ducar in mine
Been abused so so much and its still going strong, after a rebuild lol
But nar its like 3 years old
And it goes pretty good, not broken kickstart hears or nothing
Aparantly ducar share some parts with honda
So says my mechanic

ducar claims all that crap but real records off real riders not pusys who idle there bike for 6 days straight truth is ducars are junk theyre ok for cruising and as stated before theyre not made to the same quality consistenly sum last a good while some last a week and things fall apart inside out and there has been a post before about the whole honda ducar associated thing and most brands of chinga engines have had a turn with honda but for free just ride them till they blow up man

Latest posts

Back