GPX 660mm forks into crf50?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Styv_Loosekid_21

Reaction score
dont kno if this has been done as yet or you can even do it? but i wasnt to know if someone has achieved this and what they had to over come to getting them to work.

heard that steerer tube is to long? and bearings will not fit... is there anything else that wont work as i havent got a set to play round with at the moment. if thats all the problems that there is i was thinking of docking off abit of the sterer tube and re tapping a thread on the end of it and using crf tapered bearings to suit headset...

i cant change the length of the forks themselfs so they will have to be upped in the top triple clamp OR even not depending on the rake of the front wheel when fitted.

reason for this: maybe a cheaper way of obtaining a fake cheap set of zochie front end lol. let me kno you thoughts and iff possible otherwise idea goes to the bin hahah

Hey mate not sure if youve ever been involved in MTB's but its common to 'lower' fork travel for street use etc.
With a bit of research and a lot of luck you may be able to lower the travel with some custom bits

I don't want to lower anything I want to put gpx 660's into a crf50 headtube, I play with mtbs all day everyday but this is beyond the point of using shims and heavier weights or lock outs

I don't think it will work I had a crf50 frame and tried to put forks same specs as the gpx on it and the steering column is to small to fit the fork, plus it's bout 5cm to long but you could customise that.

Latest posts

Back