GPX Black Label Axle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KtmJono_777

Reaction score
Hi all. Just doing up my bike for sale and found out that I've done something disturbingly incorrect. I purchased a set of Black Labels and when installing them I have either used the incorrect axle or left out a bushing (whether it exists in there I'm not sure). Obviously I had a brain failure on installation which was done a few years ago now. This bike hasn't seen much action luckily.. Like maybe 4 or 5 hours run time max.

Anyway as you will see in the pics the floating side (non disk side) of the axle is waaaay too small for the clamp. In fact the smooth shank of the axle only travels halfway into the fork clamp, the other half is the threads!! Stupidly I never realised on installation and just bolted it together. As you can see this has caused the skinny axle to move around in there and cause some wear marks from nut on the fork clamp.

This is really stupid and dangerous and I can't understand how I missed this when I put them in initially. It appears that this may be the axle from the original forks. I believe I must have tossed the axle that came with the GPX's from new.

Can anyone show me what a genuine GPX axle looks like? Hopefully I can buy one or these forks will be a waste!!

Pics below. Thanks.

fa7b4ea4f57c4c7ab10ffb81dca41c4b.jpg

178287e1e2b7b2eace61900faca8a934.jpg

9f8437239b232e2f0a323b412635f925.jpg

82990315314e714aaaeadb4e20a7c6b4.jpg

38749ca3a211396974cc157ba7e06a3d.jpg

48cb656923ef4f4ef522bb0e950e91fe.jpg

I purchased my axle from motorbike city.. Only place i could find them.
You need to use the new axle i wouldn't run that one.. could damage the forks if the legs decide to separate

Thanks. So you can buy just the axle for these forks then? I found another post on here of someones GPX's and it definitely has a different axle to the one I'm using. It was a stupid mistake on my part. I'll contact Motorbike City this week and see if they can hook me up.

Im really lucky that nothing was damaged from this mistake, or that it didn't fail!!

Thanks nicko, but I have ordered an axle from DHZ. Hopefully it ends up being the right one. I'm sure it will be... see how I go.
it looks like a big-bike axle with a large hex head on the side.. One side is the wheel spacer.. the other fits into the fork clamp

Latest posts

Back