Gpx Black Label Problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyboyz

Reaction score
Hi guys, Just put a set of gpx on my dpro 160 and the axel is kind of like a built in spacer, any way just wanted to see if how its sitting is ok as it looks a little bit wrong to me. any input or advice would be very helpful photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

8161d1370765451-gpx-black-label-problem-photo-1.jpg

should be flush logic tells me

Yeah that's the way it goes but loosen off the nut so the axle can sit flush with the right hand side and do the two Allen key bolts up tight then do the nut back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

when i do that it pulls the axel back to this position, do you think its the spacer on the other side being to short? i used the spacers that came with the forks. there is still a fair amount of play in the wheel if i set it so its flush on that side if you know what i mean.

although it did come with 2 spacers the exact same size but i only used one as there was now way in hell 2 were fitting on.

Yeah I know what you mean, just to be sure the Allen key bolts are done up as tight as you can before you start doing up the nut yeah. I suppose that if the wheel runs true and isn't fouling on the brake then there's no problem. It could also be that it's that your hubs are a different size to mine and that could be why it sits different!.

yeah the allen key bolts are done up tight. the hub i think is just the standard one of a dhz dpro 160. I'll have a bit of a play with it tomorrow and see how i go or i may just cut the spare spacer to 10mm and put it in to flush up the axel. do yours sit flush or does the allen key side of the axel sit out a bit past the fork on yours? just wanna get it sweet so i can take them for a test tomorrow.

Hey mate I just checked mine and it actually sits out a tad..
yqe8yjad.jpg

epuzery3.jpg

If the spacer in the brake side is the right length so the brake disc when turning is free/smooth then I suppose the other side can sit where the fork natural falls on the axle. Mine spins freely and everything runs fine so I don't no why they would fall in a different spot but like I said if the brake side is all good then it should be fine as long as all the bolts are done up tight you shouldn't have a problem, the axles not gonna go anywhere.

yeah cheers for taking the time to have a look mate, yeah its just one of those things i dont like the look of it even though it appears to be working. did yours just bolt on sweet? are you running only a spacer on the brake side?

Yeah thats ok mate willing to help if i can everything bolted up pretty good apart from the stem being the wrong length, and yeah I've only got the one spacer on the brake side.

hey guys, so i put a spacer in on the other side to flush up the axel now the disc is rubbing on the caliper just wondering if that a issue? im thinking maybe since its brand new after a few rides will wear in and wont rub? here is a video of what i mean. Also just wanna say thanks to everyone whos helped me on here im new to all this buliding of bike but i love it and the only way im learning is from you guys so cheers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhNmNc7y_eM

It normal to rub a bit but thats a tad excessive

do you think after a few rides it will wear in ? it looks a bit worse in the video like the part where it gets really stuck was not to bad. i have taken it for a quick run and it doesnt seem to affect it, its just when its on the stand and i try to spin the wheel it rubs. could it just be the new calipers?? like will it wear in a bit?

Let it wear in a bit see

Sent from my HTC One M7

hi guys, so i played with the spacers a bit and this is the best i could get the wheel spinning without sticking to much. the only thing now i'm worried about is the wheel doesnt seem in the middle of the forks, is that a issue or are they all off set to allow for the brakes and disc and such? here is a link and some pics. once again all of your input is really helpfull in trying to get the best out of my bike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3HZWsEGLag

Hey mate that looks fine, it will wear in. Mine had that same slight rub when spun.
Also from memory (bikes at the workshop) the wheel doesn't sit dead centre of the forks as long as when you spin the wheel from front on it spins true it will be fine.

Ok sweet as, I think that they should be all good now! pumped to go test them out tomorrow! once again thanks for all the advice.

Latest posts

Back