GPX forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub_88n

Reaction score
hey guys this has probably been posted a few times before and yes i tried looking before you ask....

question, i got a dhz 140 bout to get new forks (GPX Black Lable) curious on what weight oil i should throw in it??

im 5"11
roughly 75kgs

and for future reference how do you work out what weight oil to use...

Cheers

are you running the black labels pbk?

um no but i have the black gpx forks that came stock on the pitster pro x4r but im pretty sure there the same forks but one has black label stickers on it but i could also be wrong

Mine are black lables the rebound and compression scews are set just over half way. 15wt mite be to stiff, you would probably have to have them backed right off. The x4r ones look the same except for the top cap, I would of thought they would be the same other than that.

Stocks doing me fine lol ... how hard are these forks to swap oil ? mite be something to do this weekend

Stocks doing me fine lol ... how hard are these forks to swap oil ? mite be something to do this weekend

its easier than doing valves lol

take off fornt wheel

do one fork leg at a time and leave the other in the bike

undo all the pinch bolts slide fork leg out

undo the top cap ( i undid the air bleed screw first to release any pressure)

pull the top cap out and slide the outer casing down (you will understand when you do it)

get a measuring cylinder and pour it out and give it a little pump to get it all out

mark the measuring cylinder how much oil you got out and put the same amount back or if you want to add a little more like me i just added a cap of it

and put em all back together and repeat process for the other one

hope this helps ha ;)

Last edited:
The quick way I did it was undo the top cap slide it up a bit, tip out what you can then put it upside down in a bucket and push it up and down to pump out the rest of the oil. Then pour in what you pulled out mine was about 220ml. Before you screw the top cap on slowly pump it while holding the outer tube up to get the oil back into the internal piston of the fork.

Cheers , definitely doing that this weekend! after reading how to do it on other forks i couldn't be stuffed , but thats a peice of piss.

How have you found the 15wt pbk? i need mine just a tad stiffer , what difference did 15 make compared to stock

Thanks lol

im finding 15 a tad soft have already bottomed them out so i reckon 20wt could be a bit a better with the use of the fork adjustments

i think the weight that was already in the fork could of been about 15 or maybe 10 but im thinking of adding another 50ml to each fork leg to see if that does anything

Last edited:
k cheers , i havnt bottomed mine out at all , coming up short on some big jumps even , so i mite try 15 first . im about 70kg

woggy if they're handling well, but bottoming out, then raise the oil height... then adjust with clickers...
If they're falling through the stroke, THEN use stiffer oil.... but if they handle well, but bottom out on heavy hits, just raise the oil height...

Nar there not bottoming out , i just find they have to much travel along with the rear lol ..so a tad stiffer would be nice. but yer haven't even touched adjustments , so what do you think would be the closes wt to stock oil, mainly just want to get rid of the stock oil.

Oil weight effects how quickly the oil can pass through all the internal passages and therefore the duration of the stroke. The amount of oil effects the total pressure.

So
Weight=rebound/quickness
Oil Amount/Volume/Height=Stiffness

Latest posts

Back