GPX125 jetting, Mikuni VM26

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavgav

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys ive got one of the high comp gpx125 motor in my zed50 ive also got a vm26 carby just wondering what would be a good jetting to run on this

standard its like a 22.5 and a 190 jet

running 16/28 sprockets on 10 inch wheels

190 main jet??? jesus, that may as well be a bucket with a hole in it!!!
probably drop down to a mid-hi 90's main as a starting point...

i want the same jetting as you would run on a lifan 140

remember its a real vm26 not a fake one

using identical jetting to what's used on a lifan 140 wont necessarily work for your bike, hi-comp or not. Accurate jetting is based on delivering the correct amount of fuel, that your engine can process efficiently.
depending on what mods you have done other than the carby, a 125 is going to require less fuel than a 140... look at it this way... a 140 cc engine, is going to ingest "approximately" 140cc of fuel/air vapour for each firing revolution of the engine. A 125 is only going to ingest 125cc of fuel/air vapour... and yes, that 15cc will make a difference as to how fuel is required, and thus what size jets you are running.
basically, me giving you the jetting specs i have for my 140 will probably not help you, and be too rich. Not only that, but i run an OKO carby, so again will result in different jetting specs.
Both Honda and Chinese Horizontal mini engines are using a main somewhere between a #90 and #105 main jet. Which main jet your bike needs, is something you will have to master for yourself. i can only suggest you try a #20 pilot jet, and start off with a #95 main jet, run the bike, plug chop, and go from there. :)

Latest posts

Back