Greasing Up Parts

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumba

Reaction score
Hey, i was just talking to a mate of mine who has told me for when i get my bike to grease up all parts to stop them from seizing.

What kind of grease will do? I think i will be doing the wheel bearings and chain, sprockets.

So my questions are.

What else should i grease up. And what grease will do? Some WD-40 Or RP7 ect.

Pumba

Do all the moving parts, i don't know but anything that cost a bit will do. cheers

Marine grease is best for swingarm connections etc and anywhere you dont want water/dirt to penetrate. Its alot less liquid like molybdenum etc etc so it shud hang around for a bit longer. Good chain lube for your chain. WD-40, RP7 etc etc is a waste of time really.

wd 40 isgoing to wreck your bearing as it washes the grease out of them. at first they will feel great as the wd is there but as soon as it is washed/runs out the bearing will be running dry and destroy themselves. its a commen mistake to use wd as a grease substitute but i would stay away from it unless your preventing rust or trying to get a stubborn bolt undone

High temp bearing grease but agree with noidea re the marine grease , its exactly what i used on my XR250 for the reasons described

the only thing WD40 is good for is to spray around the place after washing to prevent surface rust and to make it easier to clean next time sine the mud wont stick real easy

nah thinks like foot pegs and stuff that locks up

I use grease on my tyres and my handlebar grips.
Sometimes on the kick starter to make it interesting.
Then I set fire to the fuel tank

Latest posts

Back