GT PIT BIKES, what do you think?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtminirider

Reaction score
A mate of mine recently bought himself a GT 125cc pitbike.
(www.gtmotor.com.au)
When I saw it...they look tough mate! one ride and I was hooked!

2 weeks later I bought myself one, as did another mate of mine. Got another mate getting one just after xmas!

In my opinion I rate these bikes very high, just curious to see what everyone else thinks and if anyone else has one...

Cheers,

they dont look as good as the pitser pro and the swing arm is the same ive seen snap over little whoops

but so long as ur happy and getting plenty of ride time..thats all that matters

pitster

yeh, the pitster is sic but the difference in price is pretty steep, I havent had my bike long enough to tell actually how good it is, but so far so good, very impressed

Well...then all is good
just as i said.as long as ur happy and the bike does wat u want

arnt these the cheetah style bikes with thoise swing arms inverted like that?

the GT`s have got a rediculasy short wheel base and seriously stupid lookin swingarm. just looks like if ya straightend that swinganm it would have more wheelbase and that would fix the problem, so do i like em,,,,NO. they look even worse when you put 14" 12" wheels on them..... just tooo short,, must be a scetchy ride.

gt

I first saw one in an add in 50s brotherhood, and to be honest i thought they lookt shitty, i didnt like the swingarm at all. but when i saw one in real life like they look f@#kin sic. The pics dont do it justice, its welded together nicely and the swingarm is really thick. its curved at the top cos its joins onto the back of the bike where the spring is, but I can understand why u don't like it.

They really need to fix that cheap lookin add, the pitster has such good marketing.

dude that bike in your avatar looks totaly wack(lack of wheelbase). ive seen em in th flesh ive raced against them and i just cannot find anything i like about them

dont listen to these boys, they rat on the GT mate. personally i own one and it rips. its got the GPX motor which is also in the Pitster Pro and is rated at the same level as the Lifan motors so there is nothing to worry about there, it performs very well and if very reliable. front shocks are really good from stock but throw in 5 - 7 20 cent pieces in each fork leg to make them a little stiffer and you wont regret it. replace the back shock, unfortunatly due to the frame being used its not possible to put a Fastace BS66-AR 280L but i would advise getting a Fastace 33-AR 280L as these fit nicly and work really well.

with regards to the ride mini's are meant to be sketchy and with the bigger wheels it hooks, nothing skecthy about it, if you know how to ride you wont have a problem and you will hold your own against the best riders here. (if your truly that good that is haha)

one of the biggest problem is the Chain Tensioner Spring losing its tension, allowing the chain to get some slack, now this could be the way im riding, how i have my shock set, it could be a number of things but this is something i would watch closly.

replace the stock roller with an after market one, do your standard maintainence and you will be good as gold mate. yes the swingarm is a little funny looking but its really REALLY strong (i have jumped up to 60 foot, flat landed from 12+ feet up and havn't had a problem apart from the stock shock which everyone has problems with, even over 2 foot jumps...

all things considered if i had the opportunity i would change the swingarm just to avoid my dramas with the chain tensioner but i am slap happy with my money and will spend 2k at the drop of a hat if i think it will do a better job, other people dont have that luxury to be able to do something like that too often.

run her in nice and keep up the maintainence and you wont hve problem.

Cheers, Tony.

well im interested to hear what kind of bike 24seven is riding?? anyone else?? also i cant say i`ve seen too many long wheelbase pit bikes yet...

gtminirider i thought the gt bikes looked pretty sweet when i was checking them out and i dont think i`ve heard one person on here say their bike (whichever brand, model or country of origin) is perfect straight out the crate so just listen to the useful people on here and they will help get ur bike cranking.

Check out the videos section, i posted about mini bike reviews watch and see who wins! The gt is in it.

Your a good bloke mate, honest and resourceful unlike alot of clowns on this site,

Cheers mate thanks for your info!

I have one of these bikes, such a good bike! the power is just awesome, i did some rebuilding on the engine but still i loved it when it was stock. I dont know why people think the banana swingarm looks funny, its looks fine to me :S i am actually selling mine :( because im to big for it so im getting a
crf250r :D anyone interested email me at [email protected] or check out my ebay add

GT Dirt bike GTX 125 pit bike *Best Offer* | eBay

i absolutly loved the bike suspension, engine everything was perfect!

Specifications: GPX Race Head, TB piston, NGK R Racing spark plug, High performace CDI system, Super Light Weight Inner Rotor Kit, Genuine Marzocchi Shiver Forks,Elka Rear Shock, Heavy Duty Chromolly Twin Tube Cradle Frame, MIKUNI High Performance 26mm Racing Carburetor, New 6 Plate Daytona Clutch Unit, Special edtion Pro Taper bars and grips, banana swingarm, GPX Moto front and rear brakes, Grip foam seat,

hi all, just a bit more input

got a gtx 2009 bought it 2nd hand and of coarse bent a valve on the limiter on first.. tune session.. learned a lesson on free reving.. put a 2010/2011 new gtx xy 160 crate motor in it for about $800 and being honest , think I hit the jackpot

the young bloke i bought it off/ mate worked at gasman bikes.. put a oko26 on it and i recon he did the jetting too.. its got a 32mm pipe i think id go up size one day'' ripped the baffle glass out of the tip.. ( wrong or right ) just my style

i think the swing arm could be about 3 inches longer but tuff as... with the standard options .. it all adds up if ya putting one together $$ .. but i have put about 8-9 hrs on the new donk and it seems bullet proof.. its pretty stock but the gtx bike is a eye pleasing sight for the 2nd hand buyer... i payed 850 for the bike new donk $800 .. which is factory gen 3 with wiring .. i hooked up a running light easy as.. with the addition of a reg.. from the stock billet parts and the steel rims it has really takin a pounding, but .. i maintain it pretty good.. the new motor has the larger kick starter shaft and a diff gear set ratio.. but it cracks as stock.. i dont see any need to go bigger in bore .. stock gtx 160 more than plenty on a pitty that size.. i do put a bit of restraint on the compression kick , starting when cold, but hot its sweet.. pick it up kick the bastard and , drop the clutch lol..

i know there are better bikes , but u wont be dissappionted in the bang for buck with a gtx.. the v2 head still got spot on clearances and the 1000 pound shock dnm is probably a bit beefy for me weighing 60 kg but hey... still get offers at the $1400-$ 1500 mark for my pitty so thats not bad for a stock ride.. but always find myself looking at the progressive 12 swing arms to top it off/ looks wise. . . . i'm learning every day about these pitty's but its seems like the good end of chinneese ****.. lol

They look pretty sweet to me.. i dont think the wheelbase is that bad, think of it this way..
shorter swingarm = easier wheelies :D
Plus the most important thing is that you enjoy it. You do? Well then case closed.

Piity gets a a new throat extension on the uni , using a radiator hose cut off 6"

Attachments

• pitty ready for 2nd shot.jpg
    pitty ready for 2nd shot.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 24
gtx xy 160

not yet ,, it started better cold and seemed smoother but . i'll reply with the results next brappp!

Attachments

• Photo1312.jpg
    Photo1312.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back